General Hi all.

Currently reading:
General Hi all.

jones1

Hello fellow Qubo owners(y), seems there's not many of us so far.
Had mine, a 1.3 oil burner dynamic in black for 3/52 now. so far all is well and really enjoying it. As James May says there is something about driving under powererd small cars, not that it's too underpowered once it's wound up. It has taken a bit of getting used to from my previous motor - a 2.0ltr MX5. Happy to trade down for the extra space and comfort. The extra mpg, low insurance and £35 road tax are a big bonus too:D.

We've ended up calling it a Marmite car - you either love it or hate it!
Must admit, I hate Marmite but I do like my Qubo so far.

Has it got a good ride; is it quiet; is the stereo any good; and can it overtake and keep up to pace easily on motorway hills?

I will need to replace my '03 Doblo in a couple of years and I like the Qubo, but the lack of overhead storage and the 75hp engine have put me off. Am I worrying unnecessarily? I do need to be able to keep up with fast traffic.

Glad you like yours though - amazing looking car (y)

i maybe some help ! got a qubo with no windows ie fiorino van baically the same
no worries about performance 4 small gears 80-90 in fourth for overtaking big top gear for cruising which can make it run out of steam on hills
quiet at speed noisier (engine) through the box turbo whistle normal quite like it !
handling good feels safe
ride a bit jumpy but not bad
conclusion>recommended

Hi Ulpian.
The Qubo seems quiet and comfy to me, the handlings not bad either.
Must admit the 75bhp engine was a bit of a worry at first, had visions of crawling along the motorway when I'd picked it up from the dealers. I needn't have worried though, it cruised along quite happy at 80mph and actually overtook in the fast lane - I was surprised:eek:. On A roads it does remind you that it's only a baby diesel if you leave it in fifth for too long - you get alittle judder asking you to please change down:D.

IMO with all the speed restrictions and running costs these days it is a perfect little car.

As a complete package I think the same thing. I'd really miss the height and general convenience of my Doblo, and I don't want a car that is any bigger. All the reviews have commented favourably on the suspension and handling, and I know I can get comfy behind the wheel; I just don't want to find myself short of oomph at high speed when I need to get past a lorry or something on a hill.

Since I am not interested in changing my car for at least another year I will hang on, but I can't see anything I'd prefer right now.

The 500 keeps intriguing me of course, but for the same money the Q offers so much more.

Hello to you all.

I have just taken delivery of my Qubo 1.3 multijet dualogic, and I must say I am pretty pleased with it so far. The only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the slow start when pulling out of junctions. It does seem to go nicely once its wound up. Apart from this it suits my needs for my family very well.

Back