General Hi All, new in forum, from Argentina - ABS question

Currently reading:
General Hi All, new in forum, from Argentina - ABS question

Pablo_Argentina

Hi, how are you, i am impressed about this forum, seems to have great people and information..

are most of you from US? didnt know that there were Fiats in US..

Well, my name is Pablo, i am from Argentina, i have a Marea 20v year 1998, which i am in love with..i dreamed with this car, previuosly i had a Fiat Tempra, great car too, but this Marea is amazing.

regarding the question, i experienced from several months, the ABS light on..the one who sold me said it was a cable..i checked it, it was cut, i fix it, but the ABS light is still on..WEIRD is that sometimes, it is off, and when that happens the ABS system works perfectly, when i push the brake, the car vibrates a bit and stop immediatly...but when ABS light is on, it does not work.

what i can start to check? the ABS cable is ok, i mean, i see a cable going from the brake system from the front wheels...i guess it is of the ABS..

anyone can tell me where are the front sensors? should i need to remove the front wheels to see it? can i clean them? help!!

Thanks and is pleasure to be in this forum.
Pablo
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Hi Pablo.
You are correct about Fiat not being in the US. The pulled out of the US market a long time ago now. Should be back soon though as the 500 is supposed to be released over there.

There is mainly a UK based membership on this board but everyone is welcome across the globe. (y)

With regards your ABS issue this thread may be of some help.
https://www.fiatforum.com/marea-technical/95300-abs-light.html?highlight=abs

Hi Pablo.
I'm from Denmark, these guys from UK are brillant when it comes to fixing Fiats and helping others(y)

I had a similar problem with my 1997 1,6 16V Marea.
Turned out to be a relay in the ABS control unit.
I had a garage trouble shoot and fixed the fault myself.
Look in the Marea Guides section, there's a overhaul guide on the ABS pump/control unit.

Cheers
Michael

alright buddy a marea fan just like myself they are the best the a.b.s problem is that if you have fixed the problem the fault will need to be earsed from the a.b.s control unit until that is done the light will stay on just to let you know the a.b.s control units do give trouble on them trust me i know not only have i had to change 3 or 4 on my own mareas and plenty more in the dealership i workin happy golf gti hunting p.s there is a big fiat following in ireland to

Back