General heya peeple

Currently reading:
General heya peeple

ash

aloha,

thought i'd make a quick post on this highly active forum.

i'm in adelaide, australia, and have got me two X1/9's.

the first one i bought about 9 months ago, it is a 1.3 4 speed series 2 1979. it is known as the black death, quite rusted, and engine somewhat pissy.

i then needed another, of course, so i got me a nice 1978 series 1, with a twin cam stuffed in it. this car is presently off the road while i make some upgrades.

i mostly hang around XANA and mirafiori, but thought i'd check out this forum as well.

well, i'll check back sometime, see if any more action gets going.

ash

Hello Ash,

I am from holland and drive a X1/9 for about 15 years now. I have a red 1500 model from the year 1979. For four years ago we changed the engine for a 1300 Uno Turbo. In Europe are a lot of X1/9 clubs and every year in August is a european meeting which is mostly attended by about 100 X1/9's

Edwin

hallo dude,

looks like we've got our own forum, tee hee.

you've had yours for 15 years, wow. i only got interested a year or so ago, and now there's no looking back. but that's obvious.

how's the uno turbo compete with the 1500?

going by my own experience, the 1608 twin cam is soooooo much more buttock tightening than the 1300 or 1500 (i've only driven three 1500's though, and only one fuel injected), it's still only 1.6 litres of capacity, but jeez, it puts it to ground well.

sadly it's still off the road. i'm in the process of buying some decent cams for it, and i'm gonna have a choice between HOT and RALLY. they might be a little undrivable for every day use, not sure until i put them in, but at least i've got my back-up 1300 for commuting in style.

within 2 weaks to a month and my twin cam will be back on the road, then it might be time for me to do my first smily thing.

i haven't found much in the way of clubs here in south australia. there is one, but it doesn't seem too active. i only see an X1/9 on the road say once a month or so around here, but i don't have to drive too much. doesn't make it easy to get parts. just looking for cams has taken over a month.

oh, ps, there's this dude who'd be REALLY interested in talking to you. he's making a prototipo replica, and trying to decide on an engine, and wants to know stuff about the UNO from someone who's done it.

message him on schwartz001 AT aol.com

ash

In fact it’s my second X1/9. I had at first a 1300 model when I still was a student. Obvious for a student it wasn’t the best one. So when I had some more money I bought a (better) 1500 model. At this moment I don’t drive my X1/9 very often. Only when I am in the mood or go to a club meeting.

The Turbo is quicker dan the 1500 and I am very glad of it. Otherwise all the work was for nothing. The only thing which is dissapointed is the sound. My 1500 with open air filter sounds (sounded?) better. With building it I had help from a friend who is a Fiat mechanic. In Holland I am not the only one with the Turbo engine in the X1/9. I think the Dutch club (which I am a member of) has about 8 members with the Turbo engine in the X1/9. So with building it I had others to look for how they did it.

If the “dude” you’re refering to is interested or want to know things I will hear it.

I was here for so long by myself... I forget to check the boards for a short bit and see everything I have missed... Man I have got to start checking up here alot again.

I am on my third X and will try and drive this one a whole lot nice and level headed than the prior two. My first was a 79 X 1500, I bought it From an old man for $25 on the condition of I had to let him see it as soon as I got it running... The second was a "give me". My brother saw how much fun I was having with my X and bought him a 79 aswell and within the first two days he scared himself so back with it, He gave me the car!! Man, I still thank him for it every now anf then... :D

Later Daze,
Eric Flowers:D
1980 X1/9 "Celeste"

"Real men love hugging tight curves"[}:)]

almost completed the rebuild of my twin cam project.

phew, it's been a while, and hopefully all worth it.

just from on-paper stuff (useless usually), the engine with it's current setup should be at least double the torque of the original engine.

no time right now, but will post a full write up of the car as soon as i take it for a spin.

watch out for me, i'll be the guy with the massive grin.

:D

Back