hey everyone

Currently reading:
hey everyone

my crash was in the red beast in my sig, when they'd just resurfaced the road and it was covered in oily crap, i was coming up from blaydon, they were painting the lines on the road, i was too busy wondering if the guy painting lines to my right who was wandering into my lane backwards was gonna stop before i had to, to notice the cars infront had stopped to let someone turn right into the houses up from the school and couldn't stop on the slick surface...You've seen the Dodgem about? or just viewed it on my noob thread?

Yeah so i got space on my drive again :). It went to some 21yr old scrote from london who was driving it uninsured and still is according to the insurance database. I don't really care anyway it seems the big end bearing shells were showing signs of wear near the end anyway :D. Just glad you didn't buy it ;). Next thing he'll be driving along and then bang :eek:.

yeah i could hear the big end bearing noise, its a common problem on the twinspark but its a fairly easy & cheap job to fix so i wasnt put off tbh. plus it sounded like it was still a long way from bearing failure so it wasnt an urgent job. they can knock for a very long time, often years before anything goes wrong. my first thoughts were that it had suffered a timing belt snap in the past, thats usually the start of the big end problems on the twinspark. worst case scenario engines are easily replaced for a couple of hundred quid, mint bodywork is harder and more expensive to achieve, and yours was clean as fook for the age and milage. inside was just as mint. mine isnt quite as clean inside or out, but its mechanically perfect. it was only the bodykit that really made my mind up.

Last edited:
the head gasket went a few weeks ago :bang: so the timing belt got done with that job, cost £170 in total so i cant complain, saved me a day of my life so i'm happy. i thought the valves had burnt on 2 cylinders because i got the HT leads the wrong way round, turns out they were the right way round after all and it was just a coincidence.

so far this punto has suffered every common punto problem except power steering failure. she rang me last week to say the power steering light stayed on and all assistance was lost when reversing in a car park. luckily its been ok since, but this is definately the last fiat we'll ever own. :(

Last edited:
Back