Technical Help with parking sensors after new body computer replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Help with parking sensors after new body computer replacement

LisaL77

Hi,

I have a 2016 Popstar Multiair Fiat 500X. ABout 6 weeks ago I had to replace the body computer at dealership as my central locking decided to stay locked and I could only open the driver door witht the key. 6 weeks later and now my parking sensors are not working and I have a solid amber warning light on the dash. It might sound daft - but does the body computer cover the parking sensors? Should I be going back to the dealership to complain or could this be a different fault?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Simple answer is yes in that in most modern cars the Body Computer is the Central Brain and Communication Node for all the other control unit like Engine ECU, Gearbox, Central Locking, Parking, etc.

To what extent the Body Computer has control etc. over some of these systems get more complicated.

In the 500X (and other modern Fiats) there is a registration of control units in the Body Computer. That registration also has configuration options and parameters.

You should go back to the dealership OR before that get somebody to read any error codes logged. It could be that there is an unrelated (to the body computer change) issues that can easily be fixed (e.g. failed sensor, broke/corroded wire or contact ....)

Back