Technical Help with codes and fix

Currently reading:
Technical Help with codes and fix

ml67tlnlev

Hi All, got some issues on my Fiat Tipo 1.4 Estate - Lounger 5DR
Went to a mechanic and he gave me these codes and will require an electrician to sort.

1. B1063-11: Comfort Enable - Circuit Short to ground
  2. B126E-13: Passenger Window lifter relay - circuit Open
  3. U1459-87: Steering wheel commands Missing message
  4. U145E-87: Steering Wheel Switch
Basically the problems I'm having are
  1. Buttons on the steering wheel are not working - include the Horn
  2. Rear windows not going down
  3. drivers door not opening when its been cold day so I have to climb into passengers and open from inside. (always fun when rushing for school run or work).
Appreciate any help is appreciated.

Levy

The door sticking in the cold is not unusual,

I suspect it is due to the components in the lock,
Lubrication Might help

Others are just wiring in all probability,

Whats your history with the car..?
Thank you. I'll try the lubrication see if that helps.

I've had it for around 2 years, had some problems with Wheel alignment but that all got sorted by the garage i got it from at the time.

I'm a complete novice but Will give it go if a mistake wont blow up the car and cost me too much.

other than drivers door not opening in cold weather, its been ok, no issues until the steering wheel buttons and rear windows stopped. All stop at the same time.

If they all went at the same time, could i be fuse related? or BCM? or both. I can see the BCM box but its behind a metal plate and an absolute pain to get to. if its something I can fix myself then great.

I've had a look at some BCM mapping diagrams which is a possibility for the malfunctioning to the steering wheel buttons.

Rear windows are linked to a fuse box near the battery if I recall correctly.

Think I'll have to look at the electrics diagram of the car if anyone has one? (i'll see if google has one)

I cannot get much on the codes and potential fixes which might save me some time and money.

Edit: Others might find this useful.

Good diagram for the problems i'm having.

the problem looks to be between the switch and fuse box.

Horn problem - Looks like I need to get to the fuse box near the battery and to see whats going on - if its not the fuse, then I can look at other problems. At least fuse box will be eliminated as a culprit.

Rear Windows - looks like they will be the tricky as if i'm not mistake the diagram is showing the BCM box. Could someone firm based on the link above, that is BCM box or something different. (right hand side car)

Last edited:
Horn.. Historically tend to fail as exposed to the elements, worth wiggling the connectors also

Have a look in the forums Downloads Section. For a fuse box layout
/ copy of owners manual

In my Fiat experience BCM is last thing to fail.. 😎

Dodgy wiring is most likely

Chafed wires and poor earths

Horn.. Historically tend to fail as exposed to the elements, worth wiggling the connectors also

Have a look in the forums Downloads Section. For a fuse box layout
/ copy of owners manual

In my Fiat experience BCM is last thing to fail.. 😎

Dodgy wiring is most likely

Chafed wires and poor earths
Thank you. I'll take a look.

Thank you. I'll try the lubrication see if that helps.

I've had it for around 2 years, had some problems with Wheel alignment but that all got sorted by the garage i got it from at the time.

I'm a complete novice but Will give it go if a mistake wont blow up the car and cost me too much.

other than drivers door not opening in cold weather, its been ok, no issues until the steering wheel buttons and rear windows stopped. All stop at the same time.

If they all went at the same time, could i be fuse related? or BCM? or both. I can see the BCM box but its behind a metal plate and an absolute pain to get to. if its something I can fix myself then great.

I've had a look at some BCM mapping diagrams which is a possibility for the malfunctioning to the steering wheel buttons.

Rear windows are linked to a fuse box near the battery if I recall correctly.

Think I'll have to look at the electrics diagram of the car if anyone has one? (i'll see if google has one)

I cannot get much on the codes and potential fixes which might save me some time and money.

Edit: Others might find this useful.

Good diagram for the problems i'm having.

the problem looks to be between the switch and fuse box.

Horn problem - Looks like I need to get to the fuse box near the battery and to see whats going on - if its not the fuse, then I can look at other problems. At least fuse box will be eliminated as a culprit.

Rear Windows - looks like they will be the tricky as if i'm not mistake the diagram is showing the BCM box. Could someone firm based on the link above, that is BCM box or something different. (right hand side car)
Try a specific lock lubricant. Or a silicon spray as a lot of the lock components are plastic. Its good at displacing water.

Back