General Help !!! Please

Currently reading:
General Help !!! Please

twin

hi im new to this site and not to good with cars and would really appreciate some of your help!! ive recently bought myself a 1.2 16v sporting s reg 98 and ive had a problem with it not starting some times id bump it and it be ok but this time it definately will not jump or bump start so my mate the machanic came round and tested stuff thought it might be the fuel pump so i bought a fuel pump and it still wont start so we narrowed it down to two things its either the fuel pump relay/fuse or and actual wireing problem now we would check the fuel pump rely only we dont know where it is to check or the fuse so please could someone help and tell us where to find it or even betta have a diagram of where it is thanks alot in advance.. Lee

You should have really tried running the pump manually first before replacing it by connecting a 12v supply directly to the pump. Its still something you could try now though. Just run the pump manually for a few seconds... if it won't run, then the new pump is also faulty. But if you manage to pressurise the fuel system, try start the car. If it runs for a few seconds then dies, the problem is with the pump circuit. Does the pump not whirr at all on the key? Could try a multimeter on it too, see if its getting power.

Could be a few other things, blocked fuel filter, has it been run down to empty? immobiliser problem, coil packs, ht leads etc.

Put a list of whats been tested and how its been tested.

No point sayin just swaped ht leads on coil pack if they aint sparking, might not be getting any voltage on low tension circuit etc.

Also where in the UK are you?

Back