General Help - New battery - now loads warnings

Currently reading:
General Help - New battery - now loads warnings

baggers

hi, just put a new battery in as the last one wasn't holding charge..now the car starts fine but coming up air bag failure, power steering failure, return to dealer, and a few others....as these had not come up before i figured that in is something electric? does it all need resetting, and would a dealer have to do it....Any ideas....ps also got the fan coming on when engine off..but i've found a thread on that, so will check it out

thanks

I'd suggest someone dislodged an earth connection when the battery was changed. This will only be a secondary earth as otherwise the engine wouldn't start.

I'd remove the battery and carefully check all earth connections.

Not good but I have read in loads of other posts that a fault signal stays in the computer for a while and can be removed by starting the engine and turning it of a few times :) I'm sure deckchair 5 will have a more complete answer for ya
hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, i've tried starting it a few times, but still the warnings come up..i'll give it another few goes, once i've warmed up after playing stilo wars in the snow!!...then i'll have a go at refitting the battery tomorrow in day light!!.. but guess it will be the bus tomorrow!! Thanks again.
Ps--does it have to be a fiat dealer to reset the diagnostics?

Last edited:
Thanks, but it's been conected the same way as the last one, will look at the black /earth connector as on looking at it again it's not really tight and has some movement in it...have tried tightening it but still not great

hope it's just earth connection...can't afford a big bill!!

Connecting the battery on backwards will do exactly as you describe. I watched the previous owner of my stilo do it.

The main thing it does is kill the alternator and this causes the errors. Do you have a multimeter to check if the battery is charging.

thanks, i'll get it tested....sounds odd, but worth a try.....would it still start?

Hi baggers Dont know if you sorted your problem now or not .I have a Stilo 1.6 Dynamic it has been stood in my sons body shop for a while. So the bettery was of no use we put a new battery on started fine but no instument dials. My son drove it for a few days the dials would work then not work .Now suddenly they work perfect.It seems it just needed to rest its self.Hope this helps . Dave

Back