Hello from a grumpy old Newbie

Currently reading:
Hello from a grumpy old Newbie

Sticky Toffee

Hi guys. I make Victor Meldrew seem happy go lucky and I've only come here to haunt you till I get some answers so be warned. :mad:

Formalities first. Yes I've had a FIAT. As that is an acronym I expect it'll be highlighted and if it's not I'll be wanting to know why not. So there.
Yes, I know I'm a pedant too!
My only FIAT was a Punto. I bought it for my better half to use and our kids. I chose it because me and our kids are all over 183cm or 6' in English. My wife is a tall dwarf. Surprisingly the little car would take 4 of us no problem and it gave us good service for several years. It was the original Giorgetto Giugiaro design. Most Italian cars have really good designs but lack quality finish and have a reputation for poor reliability.

The reason I'm here is real anorak stuff. Many years ago I helped with a house clearance at a great uncle's place. It was amazing. He had kept just about everything. This icluded some car brochures and letters between him and Fratelli Beccaria, Fabrica Automobili of Via Campagnola 16, Torino, Italia. So can anybody throw light on whether this outfit subsequently became part of the mighty FIAT organistion or whether its a red herring?

Back