Technical heater motor/resistor probs

Currently reading:
Technical heater motor/resistor probs

branco68uk

my heater fan started emitting an electronic burning smell yesterday, this morning nothing not even on number 4! I've fixed a similar problem on a nissan but where is the motor and resistor pack on a 56 panda?

Last edited:
Take a look at this earlier post (found by typing 'heating resistor' into the very useful 'Search this forum' box...)

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda/186580-heater-blower-only-working-setting-4-a.html?p=2011812

To see where this is, set the heating to 'recirculate', then look right up under the dash above the clutch pedal and shine a torch through the plastic 'cage' you can see (setting the control to 'recirc' opens up this section of the duct -- turn it back to 'fresh air' and you'll see the sliding 'shutter' swing across.

Last edited:
thanks for the info, I've had the glovebox out but I still can't see anything that's not moulded in? I'm beginning to think it could be a burnt connection? This happened not long after purchase and wentanes allegedly repaired it, unfortunately that was before warranty ran out!! It's going into F.A.S.T. in Stockton-on-Tees tomorrow. Maybe access can be easier if the radio/cd comes out?

Hi I know this is an old thread regarding heater motor resistor probs has anyone discovered the approved or correct way of removing and replacing this item in the Fiat Panda 2005.

The old thread was very helpful in diagnosing the problem but the was no consensus as to how to access and replace the item. It does seem to me that it could have been designed in a more accessible way.

Any way thanks for any suggestions that are made.

TJ

I have the same problem on a 2006 model. I can see the resistor pack but cannot get it out. Local Fiat dealer also tried for 3 hours and failed! Anyone know the best way?

Another example of Fiat's inability to convert a left hand design to right hand. IMO your best just ripping the dash and heater box out complete however as, I assume, it's not under warranty there is the expense factor to take into account. If you very small hands you can get a 7mm swivel socket up there but then chances are you will find the connector has melted and there is no room to pull it out and repair:rolleyes:I was working on 2 methods of repair a while back with good results.

Back