Technical Heater footwell ducting

Currently reading:
Technical Heater footwell ducting

Benk11

Has anyone got the part number for the heater ductwork on the driver side of a Fiat Ducato 2022, I’ve just bought a new motorhome on a Fiat base and the gearbox is automatic and it appears there is a blanking plate we’re the clutch pedal should be! I can see the end of the duct high up behind the dashboard but the heat isn’t getting to my feet area and when I’m driving the van my feet are cold. So I’m looking for suggestions or a drawing or part numbers for the original manual version so I can try and modify to get the heat closer to my feet any help is appreciated

From an old post
The heating in the footwell, as I understand, comes from the centre of the cab below the dashboard and blows to both sides directed onto the feet. However, the comfortmatic footrest shields and impedes the flow of air, deflecting it back up under the dash on the drivers side, rather than onto the driver's feet.
footwell1.JPGfootwell2.JPG

Has anyone got the part number for the heater ductwork on the driver side of a Fiat Ducato 2022, I’ve just bought a new motorhome on a Fiat base and the gearbox is automatic and it appears there is a blanking plate we’re the clutch pedal should be! I can see the end of the duct high up behind the dashboard but the heat isn’t getting to my feet area and when I’m driving the van my feet are cold. So I’m looking for suggestions or a drawing or part numbers for the original manual version so I can try and modify to get the heat closer to my feet any help is appreciated
Hello,

Did you ever get an answer to your question ?
I am suffering in the same way and am looking for a fix that will bring the hot air down to the drivers footwell

Thanks

Geoff

Thanks - I have seen this video and am interested in the guy's solution ... just keen to know if there is an official fix for the issue first. I like the design of the solution that was offered up by 'theoneandolnly', and was keen to se if there was a coupling or connection that was made to fit onto the duct. Just a bit hesitant to use duct tap (as the video shows) to connect a couple of hoses to something that is hot

Thanks - I have seen this video and am interested in the guy's solution ... just keen to know if there is an official fix for the issue first. I like the design of the solution that was offered up by 'theoneandolnly', and was keen to se if there was a coupling or connection that was made to fit onto the duct. Just a bit hesitant to use duct tap (as the video shows) to connect a couple of hoses to something that is hot
Hi
Did you get anywhere with this? I too have a Fiat Ducato based motorhome (2022) and not surprisingly have the same problem. Interestingly I see that in the owners handbook it clearly shows diffusers going to both the driver and passenger side.
Steve

I didn’t ever find the official fix. Fiat were luke warm about helping (didn’t say No, but they wanted me to make a 60 mile round trip to have the work assessed, and would only authorise the work after reviewing the quote, which meant another 60 mile round trip to have the work done).

Ultimately I did it myself - fitting the vent into the footrest as per this thread, and coupling up a 60mm ducting tube to the outlet under the dash. All in all it cost me £20 and a couple of hours of time. Seems to work well too.

I didn’t ever find the official fix. Fiat were luke warm about helping (didn’t say No, but they wanted me to make a 60 mile round trip to have the work assessed, and would only authorise the work after reviewing the quote, which meant another 60 mile round trip to have the work done).

Ultimately I did it myself - fitting the vent into the footrest as per this thread, and coupling up a 60mm ducting tube to the outlet under the dash. All in all it cost me £20 and a couple of hours of time. Seems to work well too.
Thanks for the quick reply. Can I ask another couple of questions. I looked at John's video on YouTube but it wasn't that easy to identify where the vent to the driver's side actually is, it would probably be easier if I had our motorhome at home so I could go and have a peep but it's not, it's on a storage site. Anyway, I assume that the vent is fairly central and if you remove the panel as John did in the video is it pretty obvious? Also. what shape of hose did you end up using, rectangular or round? From what I could see the vent is rectangular.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I ask another couple of questions. I looked at John's video on YouTube but it wasn't that easy to identify where the vent to the driver's side actually is, it would probably be easier if I had our motorhome at home so I could go and have a peep but it's not, it's on a storage site. Anyway, I assume that the vent is fairly central and if you remove the panel as John did in the video is it pretty obvious? Also. what shape of hose did you end up using, rectangular or round? From what I could see the vent is rectangular.
Hi Steve

The heater vent is tucked up at the back of the dashboard but is pretty obvious. I’ll attach a couple of photos to show where it is. Whilst it is rectangular in shape, I found that a slightly squashed 60mm piece of heater ducting fits inside the vent quite easily.

IMG_4533.jpeg
IMG_4534.jpeg

You've made a very neat job of that. Not sure I can do the same as I don't think I have that light grey panel. I'll need to get under the dashboard to check but from memory it's just an open space. But a piece of heating duct will still deliver a good result.

Hi Geoff, can you remember how you removed the footrest? I’ve removed the two self tapping screws at the top but it’s still held by a screw or clip front right. I thought it was a grommet covering screw but it doesn’t seem to be.

Hi Geoff, can you remember how you removed the footrest? I’ve removed the two self tapping screws at the top but it’s still held by a screw or clip front right. I thought it was a grommet covering screw but it doesn’t seem to be.
Hi Steve.

There is a 10mm nut under the central dash console on the bottom left of the footrest (two torx screws hold this section in place, once removed a small section can be moved out of the way. Access the nut through a long bodied 10mm socket).

On the right of the footplate is a plug that grips a stud in the floor. In fairness this can be quite a challenge to remove. I used a couple of trim tools to lever the plug up. I think the trick here is to apply a fair bit of pressure to two sides of the plug cap at the same time. You will need to be careful not to snap the cap off the plug as you will need the plug to refit the footplate once the mod is finished.

Geoff

Back