Technical Heater fan only works on number 4 (full)

Currently reading:
Technical Heater fan only works on number 4 (full)

A tip from my recent experience - you might need to change the fan unit as well.
I changed the resistor pack for the same reason about a month ago, and within 2 days it failed again. Probably something was wrong with the fan, so I got a new fan and installed it. It runs a lot more smoothly and quietly than the old one.
Now I need to get another resistor pack...

I love the fact that it's only 2 easily accessible screws to get the resistor pack out, and only 3 easily accessible screws to get the fan unit out.
I had a similar problem in my wife's 2004 Renault Scenic, and there I had to dismantle the entire center dashboard and passenger side glovebox to get to the resistor pack... (n)
And on the Scenic I also learned the hard way that just changing the failed part is not enough. The connector had burned out so I changed it, but it burned out again, and it turns out one needs to change the resistor pack to a new version as well to prevent the connector burning out again... I dread doing that job one more time...

The funny thing is that on the Scenic the fan doesn't work on 4, and in the Punto is only works on 4 - so between them I have a fully functioning fan :D

Yes, it is the resistor pack, had the same problem, the reason it only works on number 4 is there are no resistors in the line(blown), it's stright through on number 4, you have to work under the bonnet take out cover over the heater blower the pack is just on the edge as you look at it from under the bonnent, not that easy to get at if you have basic tools, unclip, replace and refit, the fan will work.

Last edited:
Back