Heated seats cable?

Currently reading:
Heated seats cable?

M

Mike

is it possible to remove the plug/cable from a car and plug it ito my loom? OR is the heated plug/cable wired into the Whole loom of a car?
If thats the case,could i simply extend some wires from the plug (from the seats) to the ignition live+earth in order to make the heateed seats work?

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell :)
MOT time soon :)

as far as i know the heated seat wiring is part of the hole loom
i have the plug for heated seats and elctric adjustment to tucked under the seat by where the cables come out from the carpet

ANDY

02 marea weekend 100sx
current mileage: 47850
Bigger is
much better

JAN10-1-1.jpg

Check out my Members Page for a list of the full mods
http://www.fiatboo.co.uk/members/367andykent.htm

previously known as: andy_brava_elx

i havnt got the cables goin where the hole is,just a flap of carpet covering it :s Well i dont think i have,put my fingers in and couldnt feel anythin.Thats why i thought of a way to get the heated seats working.

I thought i would have tbh.

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

I would find the live wire to the fuse box (big red one ;)) tap in that wire with a feed to a 35A relay, connect the relay impulse to a live feed only when the key is turned on, so the seats dont work when the ignition is not on. From the relay split 2 wires, on each a 10A fuse to the seats. That way you wont overload any existing fuse, have a 100% sure and clean line to the seats and they wont work when the ignition is off.

Just my thought :)

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

The electric adjust on my seats is wired from the cigarette lighter, that seems to work just fine.

Sig.jpg

Sven: That is a good idea that,keep that in mind. but was thinking of a simpliar way by wiring the plug to the ignition lol

Will: How do ya mean the electric adjust? is that another cable or is that the 1 im on about that comes off the seat in order to make the seats work? lol If so then wiring it to the cigarette lighter could well be an easier option :)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

My drivers seat has electric height adjust but it is wired into the cig lighter, if they were heated thats what i was gonna wire em to, but unfortunately they are not :(

Sig.jpg

Ah right ok get ya,wernt sure what you meant.so do you think wiring it to the cig lighter would be fine.? But saying that,im gona have to check the plug on the seat to see how many wires are in the plug.

mikey_sig2.jpg

will you sure your seats aren't heated also thought they were along with being electric adjust

is there a led on the plastic bottom part of the seat????

Mike im sure you car will have the seat plugs. look on the passenger side first under the carpet nexto the fuel cut off reset will be the plug it is coverd in black foam totaly and calbe tied back on itself. Then feed it through back into the seat frame then back through the round carpet hole. If any of that made sense ;). Ill try and do i pic to show where they are.

On my sx It was here under the carpet infront of the metal re-enforcement.
DSCF1791.JPG

The other end is hidden behind the fusebox and not connected to anything.
sx-fuse-01b.jpg

Ade cheers for that mate.ill have to take my seat out then and get the carpet up and look for it :)
But saying that,if the other end of the plug is lose on the back of the fusebox then what use is it gona be? lol

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

Its good because you dont have to make new plugs at the seat end and you dont have to run cables all you have to do is join the correct wire to something ;)

lol @ join the correct wire to somethin :D

mikey_sig2.jpg

One thing to keep in mind, the heated seats standard wiring has a 20A fuse, so be careful that you dont connect it to a weaker fuse, that way on weaker wires.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

ill have a proper look tomoorrow as its done nothing but rain all day today.

mikey_sig2.jpg