Technical Headlights

Currently reading:
Technical Headlights

lady_h

Hi Peeps ...

On the Weekend I changed my dipped headlights on my Stilo, to 80W blue/white performance bulbs.
Still yet to change the little side lights, any one know of the fitting, for a 2006 1.4 active sport stilo? :confused:
Also looking to change the full beam bulbs next weekend. But noticed that my drivers side light is too high and is blinding people, when its on level 0. Even if I put it on level 3 it is higher then the other one. What does the levels mean and do?
Is there anyway in which I can lower the light, so it dont blind other drivers, cos my new lights are really bright!! :p HEHEHEHE

Also if I was to take my car into fiat, would this be under the warrenty?

You've fitted the bulb wrong. Sometimes the bulb doesn't seat correctly :(

Both beams should produce a sharp cutoff which should look the same for both beams when shining on say a wall

bulb alignment.JPG
Yes if you look in through the front then you'll most likely find the bulb isn't behind the reflector properly and oncoming drivers are seeing directly at the bulb.Not nice

The bulb has got to be immediately behind the reflector shown above, it's easy to get it wrong and install it at an angle

Attach the wire connector to the bulb whilst you're installing it so you have something to hold on to while you put the holding spring clips around one at a time. Look in through the front lens whilst you're doing it to make sure it stays in place.

Last edited:
I've just corrected this on mine, makes a big difference in the effectiveness of the lights (with the bonus of not being flashed at by oncoming traffic all of the time :rolleyes: )

Back