Grande Punto Headlights stuck in main beam cannot get dipped beam

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Headlights stuck in main beam cannot get dipped beam

kevlees68

Hello everybody just like to say thank you for allowing me to join.
I’ve recently bought a Fiat punto grande and already having issues with headlights so thought I’d join to try and rectify the issue that I’m having so here goes.

Both headlights and high beam work fine sometimes when I have the headlights on that headlights Will be sent to dipped beam and without warning will automatically go into high beam without me touching the light switch, if i turn high beam on and off it makes no difference I have to turn the lights completely off when I turn them back on the main beam is still on and cannot be turned off.

Would I be right in thinking there is water in the fuse box in the engine bay maybe shorting in the high beam and the low beam relays triggering it to be on all the time.

Many thanks to anybody that can help me with this issue as buying this car hasn’t been an initial good start as I only purchased it yesterday

Definitely check the underbonnet fuse box and switch around the relays if you need to. Also the multi-function switches are a bit unreliable on our cars. My headlights used to go off occasionally (not good on a dark night) until I replaced mine

Back