General headlamp adjusting screws

Currently reading:
General headlamp adjusting screws

magnusmike

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the beams up and down as one of mine is lower than the other, thanks

Aren't they meant to be like that so you don't blind oncoming traffic?

On mine the left one is higher than the right, and I use the dashboard adjuster to raise and lower the beam depending on what i'm carrying.

I would have thought they were supposed to be on the same alignment.
My nearside one is a bit low and I want to raise it to the level of the drivers side. All I need to know is which screw to adjust on the headlamp unit.
MM

Sorry you didn't get much help magnusmike. The trend on this forum seems to be degrading from once friendly help and suggestions to pathetic bickering. Most childish, and not what this forum is for.

Anyway, after your post I looked under the bonnet and couldn't see where to make the adjustments. If you can let us know how you went about it that would be really helpful for the Sedici forum. CMM

Not much help out there so I sorted it with a pozi myself, perfect

Care to share the knowledge for others :confused:

Sorry you didn't get much help magnusmike. The trend on this forum seems to be degrading from once friendly help and suggestions to pathetic bickering. Most childish, and not what this forum is for.

You think the discussion in this thread is bickering?!

Care to share the knowledge for others :confused:

You think the discussion in this thread is bickering?!
This is what I did. On the back of the headlamp unit is what I think is the motorised adjuster. At the top is a white hexagon shaped slot with a pozi fitting at the bottom of the hole. On my car this raised or lowered the beam depending which way it was turned. As for horizontal adjustment, I guess that the toothed wheel which can be seen through the casing below this would move the beams left or right. Haven't tried it as I don't need to. Perhaps another user can enlighten us here

Hi, this is what I'm talking about. When I did this job I used the horizontal lines on my garage door as a guide to equalize the beams from about 10mts away. I did try the knurled adjuster in pic 3 after marking with a felt tip but it didn't seem to do much so I returned it to where it was.

MM

Attachments

• P1000960.JPG
    P1000960.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 39
  • P1000958.JPG
    P1000958.JPG
    455.2 KB · Views: 35
  • P1000961.JPG
    P1000961.JPG
    546.2 KB · Views: 44
Back