Technical Have I broke the radio clips?

Currently reading:
Technical Have I broke the radio clips?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

DamnScouse

As per the title have I broken the radio clips? :(

Just went to try and remove the radio and the tool just suddenly shot in as I pressed on it

Only just read that there's a certain type of removal key you're meant to use. I bought these as part of a Connects2 fitting kit, sold by DynamicSounds, so I have emailed Connects2 about the issue and asked for a refund/compensation

Video of the clips here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DW3qBwibEmD8lwWO_RyAlLX-BiEsF-dz

Was it a double-DIN fitting kit you bought? I think it's the same kit I bought the other month.

Those keys are NOT for removing your default radio, they are for using on your custom double-DIN radio after you've fitted it. These are the default Bravo keys you need. I remember being a little disappointed that the DynamicSounds all-in-one kit didn't come with default Bravo keys; at the time I just ordered the £6 keys and postponed my installation till they arrived a few days later. Hopefully, if you order these and try them, you should find you've done no damage and the radio should pop out (hopefully!).

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'd definitely broke the clip, I've got the radio out now, managed to get the left side out without breaking it, but there's no chance of resale value now ? on well

The clips are not that easy to brake, they're metal.
You can bend them in such a way that you can't remove the headunit... but i doubt you broke the clips.

Did you manage to get it out?
I really need a picture of that broken clip :)

You could still sell it as anybody can replace the clip with one from their own crapped out headunit.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back