Technical handbrake adjustment

Currently reading:
Technical handbrake adjustment

£200 bleedin quid! Both cables have been changed, apparently its a design fault where they go round the trailing arm to tight, absorb moisture under the rubber casing and perish and snap.
Great you got both cables replaced.

If the garage stripped everything , cleaned, checked, freed off autoadjusters, reassembled , sourced new cables... then £200 is not a bad price.

What year is your car?

Last edited:
£200 bleedin quid! Both cables have been changed, apparently its a design fault where they go round the trailing arm to tight, absorb moisture under the rubber casing and perish and snap.

While its bad news that it cost you that, its good for me as I predicted it had broken on the tight bend round the suspension where moisture sits in the cable :)

Glad you got it fixed though, and should be good for another few years now.

While its bad news that it cost you that, its good for me as I predicted it had broken on the tight bend round the suspension where moisture sits in the cable :)

Glad you got it fixed though, and should be good for another few years now.

Ideally i want to keep on top of it now, what do you suggest to keep the moisture out? would i have to strip it down again?

brought it at just over 2 yrs old so no idea if it had one before, im guessing its an ex pcp/lease car as it came from a stack em high sell em cheap supermarket

Last edited:
Back