Tuning GSR Induction

Currently reading:
Tuning GSR Induction

Dayjw

Okay, so I know it's been proven that GSR make the best induction kits for a mk1 Punto 55, but what is it that makes them better? Is it where they are positioned or what they are made out of or just the whole thing in general?

Because, probably like alot of people, £107 is a little bit on the expensive side for an air filter, however I can get hold of some stainless steel tubing, from 38mm to 76mm and make it into any kind of bend. So is there any way I could replicate the kit? I also have tools and small tubing to make holes for hoses and what not.

On the kit itself I have noticed there is a kind of cover ontop of the tb, then the tube coming from it. I assume I would need to get hold of a cover, any ideas where could get one?

Any other suggestions also? Cheers

Make your own. Not everything revolves around GSR :)

That's what I wanted to hear! :D Where would be the best place btw? At the back ontop of where the gearbox is (like the GSR) or at the front near the headlight/radiator?

The standard HGT air inlet box is by the battery. That's well big enough for 130+ bhp. It takes air from the front - breathing cold air.

You have looked at the costs of large bore silicone hose bends and stainless worm drive clips and the filter heads?

Back