General grrrr

Currently reading:
General grrrr

rondo

right ive had the punto for about 1 day now and the stupid thing has broke down:bang: i pulled away from a junction and the clutch pedal went really light. it drove fine for about a mile and its started making weird noises. put it into nuetral and it still did it. i then abandoned it in a bus stop and i had to go home which was about 5-10 mile away as that has the card for the breakdown company in it as the one for the punto hasnt arrived yet. got back to the punto and managed to drive it to a nearby petrol station just. phoned the breakdown company and they said the punto wasnt covered. i told him it bloody is as theyve already took the money for it. then they said if i wanted to get the car picked up i would have to pay again. obviously i told them where to go. so the punto is now in a shell garage car park until i can get somebody to pick it up later. at this point i was really annoyed and on the way back in my ka so idiots in a corsa come flying up behind overtake me and start sticking their fingers up and then raced off. then seen them again and they pulled over to let me pass and then pulled out again 1 car behind so im assuming they where trying to follow me.

anyway is the problem likely to be the clutch or gearbox.

ps. sorry for the rant

have you checked to see if there is still brake/clutch fluid in your reservior? as if there isnt then u know a seal has blown in a cylinder and you have lost all the fluid on the road and clutch pressure will be gone. Presuming you got a hydraulic clutch system? What punto is it?

And i hate tw*ts who do that, gives drivers my age a bad stereotype. The best thing to do is to pull over and ask if they have a problem, most chav f***kers will just say 'na mate' and drive off like stupid tw*ts knowing that there plan to scare you didnt work.

Last edited:
was the noise like a rumbling sound? if so then it is probably the gearbox... how easy is it to pull away in 1st???

found out its definetly the clutch when the green flag picked it up last night. so its been dropped off at the garage where we bought it from although i think theyre going to try and get out of it as the the owner is really arrogant and said what do you expect for a car that cost £750. also found out that the alarm doesnt work as i thought the fob would need a new battery but it didnt and they said it had central locking which it also doesnt. so im going to be having words with them when i go down

No matter how much it costs you expect it to work for longer than a day...(Well unless its really cheap, but £750 I would expect it to work, thinking about it, my step dads was around that, and his is working nearly 2 years later).

No matter how much it costs you expect it to work for longer than a day...(Well unless its really cheap, but £750 I would expect it to work, thinking about it, my step dads was around that, and his is working nearly 2 years later).

yeah i know. theyve phoned to say its the bearings or something. as soon as i get it back its going straight in for an mot to check to see if theres anything else wrong even though its still got about 6 months mot left

Back