Punto (Mk2/2b) Greetings, from Madeira Island. Portugal.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Greetings, from Madeira Island. Portugal.

MJ7

Great forum.

To introduce myself.
Venezuelan TOYOTA kid! migrated to Madeira in 2017.
I have gotten to appreciate the FIAT brand since I got my FIAT PUNTO 188 1,2 8V. 2004. 100.000 Km.
Beautiful handling and stability. Easy mechanic. And cost-friendly spare parts.

After buying it, as I like my engine clean. Changed the engine Gaskets: Valves lead, engine Head, and exhaust collector. It recovered a tiny bit of power because the exhaust one was actually broken. Later I'll spray some combustant around the intake manifold gasket with the engine running to check it.

It had a single crank noise when launching in a corner while being in an inclined plane. I already changed some old dried rubbers and the engine supports one of which was nonexistent. The noise goes on, so I'll check for the whole front drive train bases and links, maybe lubing the suspension coil spring's contact surfaces.

Now to the good part. It was already consuming too much gasoline, I was planning to do a whole Fuel, Ignition, and Admission. Revision myself. Waiting to buy a Multimeter (Maybe even an Oscilloscope too) and a basic tool set; As I had to leave mine behind!!!

But you know, never leave for tomorrow what needs to be done today!

Last week while speeding on the highway. The yellow sign goes on... 30 seconds after the engine goes down and while trying to at least get out of the highway with my blinkers on. But the whole lighting ts went crazy even the rear whipper decided to do some work.

Mechanic "A bad connection to AVC module () and bad fuel pump.

After taking it out, is good even with a little more output... BUT. The new pump is really noisy, precharge is like capable of annoying the neighbor. I need to ask the mechanic which "Brand" is this new pump. But even if it is a low-quality one, I need to check the whole FUEL LINE: Filter, Regulator... Maybe even cleaning the tank just to be sure I haven't a "nasty Real Estate business competitor"

After taking care of this. I have some plans for my Steady companion. Basics improvements and hopefully remapping the ECU.

I'll be sharing with you every step, and hopefully counting with the advice of more experienced FIAT RIDERS.

At this moment, if anyone has already any questions, opinions, or advice on my case, I'll highly appreciate it.

Some questions for latter:
-Is any bigger Throtlebody compatible?
-How to increase the Ignition Output? Capacitive Discharge Module? Coils swap (+ Cables and Spark Plugs)?
-This one might be just dumb or crazy but I'm really new to the "Scanning World" Could I get A Scan Diagnostics Tool and also use the MULTIECUSCAN Software using the scan as interface? Or the only way possible is to go with the simple OBD reader?

Thanks. Great Forum from what I've seen the last couple of days.

... anyone nearby? Alguem por aqui an Perola do Atlantico?

Back