General Green Meenie will be MEAN!!!!

Currently reading:
General Green Meenie will be MEAN!!!!

Guess what????
George is gonna be a very quick little green monster very soon....(y)

steering wheel 001.jpg

Just bought a Coupe Turbo Engine ......nice Mmmmm,
No more screeming the little 1.4 to get past a corsa any more...:slayer:

Anything i should be aware of with this transplant??
Help/Advise greatly appreciated Please!!

Guess what????
George is gonna be a very quick little green monster very soon....(y)

View attachment 23547

Just bought a Coupe Turbo Engine ......nice Mmmmm,
No more screeming the little 1.4 to get past a corsa any more...:slayer:

Anything i should be aware of with this transplant??
Help/Advise greatly appreciated Please!!

PM sent.

Andy.:)

Dazzo - thats an awfull lot of work and a potential huge cost. My advice would be to leave George alone and if you do a Coupe conversion get another car to work on and carry on enjoying George - coz it will bankrupt you and take ages. There must be cheaper ways of giving him a bit more "go" with out what you propose

Good luck anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE

Dazzo - thats an awfull lot of work and a potential huge cost. My advice would be to leave George alone and if you do a Coupe conversion get another car to work on and carry on enjoying George - coz it will bankrupt you and take ages. There must be cheaper ways of giving him a bit more "go" with out what you propose

Good luck anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE

Well, ive sent Dazz a PM about just that.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Well to all readers concerned......
The engine appears to be a no go..........:cry:

the guy who's auction i won on Flea Bay has not even bothered to contact me about the engine,
Is he leagally bound to sell me it as i won the Auction or not???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230084315794&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:31

Some people eh.....

Darren,
Did you pay by paypal, if so, you can claim your money back through them. There is a dispute link on the paypal site. Ebay will shove the problem onto paypal anyhows. I had a problem with goods not being sent. Went through paypal and took the two stages of dispute and got a full refund!!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
only ended 4 days ago... even if it was paid for by paypal it wont clear through paypal for another 6 days or so at a guess.. (my stuff paid for on 28th will clear on the 6th)

edit: ok not a paypal seller lol :)

Na i didnt pay threw Pay Pal, i told the guy i would pay when i came to remove the engine from the said car, ut after various E.Mails he has not even replied to any of them.....
Does the guy have to sell to me lagally as i won the auction???
Oh i will report this guy for sure when the recommended time period has expired.....

I would definatly report and leave bad feedback. However I think it was a blessing in disquise for the reasons I mentioned before. If George was still mine I would look at other ways to make him a bit quicker that were cost effective and kept him on the road. To drive is to enjoy as they say!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS MIKE

Give it a week. Then think about going through the ebay channels. People can forget things are finishing, or have probs with their emails.

All done and sorted now thanks to a few guys from the Coupe forum,
Things are now sorted and im going to pick-up the engine next weekend,

I probably wont be putting it into George as like some of you said it is a lot of hassle and will cost a fortune sourceing spare parts,

Back