GReddy Fully Auto Turbo Timer... problems :(

Currently reading:
GReddy Fully Auto Turbo Timer... problems :(

All wired in OK and we know it works as it did every now and then when first fitted but not working at all now :(

Manual says to try changing line in mode (toggle switch at back) along with settings on the t/timer itself but it just wont urm turbo time :(

All defo still wired up as tub timer still comes on with ignition and off with ignition etc :(

Any suggestions people? :cry:

if anyone knows any forums that might be worth asking on please say as i realise most of ff drive n/a cars and wont have any experience on turbo timers yet somewhere that has turbo'd cars commonly would probably more than likely have come across this :(

p.s. timer i have is like this one;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GREDDY-FULL-A...ryZ72205QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
just a thougt.,
check that your brake switch is ok, and the handbrake coz their usually wired into a turbo timer so that it cuts out if someone tries to get in., if either of them is faulty then it could be triggering the timer not to let the car run.,.,

brake switch isnt a feature on this one and handbrake isnt wired in :( should still work though as handbrake when on gives -'ve and when not on gives a positive, so when its let off it goes to live and cuts the power... so with it not being connected should (and did :() work :(

Good try though :p lol

maybe the turbo timer is gone funny then?., does it have ISO connector on it? most of them have the same connector., i think i might have a few of them around., will have a look.,(y)

alright mate.,
yup., found some., :D
your welcome to take your pick of these 2 if ya wanna cover postage on them, both work fine and the black one can tilt the front of it up and down.,lol., black one is called"ULTM" and the blue one is "GREDDY".,(y)

P1020158.jpg

P1020159.jpg

i think i have some defi gear around somewhere too., dunno where it is but i had a turbo meter and gauge like this.,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEFI...tegoryZ38660QQihZ010QQitemZ200030324058QQrdZ1
it has a boost gauge with it i think.,.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
maybe the turbo timer is gone funny then?., does it have ISO connector on it? most of them have the same connector., i think i might have a few of them around., will have a look.,(y)

Not on a Iso connector but when we wired it in it was done with spades and bullet connectors (y) so easy enough to change really

what that site turbo colective or somthing like that. the uno boys are on it

Forget the url :eek: but its on jap forum and evo forum :)

alright mate.,
yup., found some., :D
your welcome to take your pick of these 2 if ya wanna cover postage on them, both work fine and the black one can tilt the front of it up and down.,lol., black one is called"ULTM" and the blue one is "GREDDY".,(y)

P1020158.jpg

P1020159.jpg

i think i have some defi gear around somewhere too., dunno where it is but i had a turbo meter and gauge like this.,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEFI...tegoryZ38660QQihZ010QQitemZ200030324058QQrdZ1
it has a boost gauge with it i think.,.

May well give you a shout about these if cant get it working over next couple of days if that's ok? (y) cheers for the offer :worship:

What kinda security device do you have alex and also, is your turbo water cooled?

Ross

Security wise the car has a... alarm... lol top notch alarm stuff, second immob

but when using t/timer, would take key out, lock car with key, car would turbo time, then auto lock itself 30 seconds after the turbo timer shuts the car off :)

Turbo is oil cooled only

Security wise the car has a... alarm... lol top notch alarm stuff, second immob

but when using t/timer, would take key out, lock car with key, car would turbo time, then auto lock itself 30 seconds after the turbo timer shuts the car off :)

Turbo is oil cooled only

Right.If its oil cooled you defo need a turbo timer, esp if you've been ragging it before you've came into your street.

30 secs is usually more than sufficient for a normal blast but up to 90 secs if you feel the need.

Reason i was asking about the alarm is that i have a clifford with a built in "ignition delay" which keeps the engine running for 90 secs after i remove the key, but still allows the car to be locked as soon as i get out and then immobilized after the engine cuts off.

Have you tried just doing a basic wire up, ie not through the central locking/alarm etc?

Ross

Is the greddy one hes offering the exact same as the one you have fitted?

Ross

yeah they have ISO connectors on them,. most turbo timers have the same connections.,like these.,
P1020163.jpg

i couldnt get a padded envelope earlier alex but i'll sort it for tomorrow.,, have a few things to post anyway., the girl in the post office said it wont be expensive to send anyway.,(y)

Last edited:
i posted them out to ya today alex..,
you wouldnt beleive how hard it is to find padded envelopes these days.,lol
i had a few bits and peices of turbo accessories from a little dream i had of boosting the civic a while back so i put that in too., i didnt wanna chance it on such a new engine so the've been lying here for ages.,(y) enjoy.,
let me know if the timers help, if not then theres a wiring fault somewhere,

Back