Technical grande punto 1.4 8v tuning

Currently reading:
Technical grande punto 1.4 8v tuning

max_mix

is there any cheap ways to up the performance on the 1.4 8v? first punto we have owned, " not really my cup of tea" but its the girlfriends motor, any tips???? cheers

what would i gain performance wise from the above list

what would i gain performance wise from the above list

induction from what we got on my car, although my car is weird

4-5bhp

remap. depending on the map. could be around another 10 or more bhp

:)

I'd leave it alone and be happy to have a nice new car tbh.

:p yeh ok... stripes should stop on zebras i reckon hahahaha, just thought that if ya buy a car that performs really well, it would take my mind off the drinks holders that dont hold bottles of water or cans .......... i love the designers who use the back of beer mats to do their work.hahah, but thanks for the input...... best wishes

If you want to gain some reasonable power the best thing to do initially is to sort out the airflow. Induction and exhaust. Follow this up with a re-map and you could see some pretty good gains.

With it being an 8v its going to be quite punchy bottom end but the increased airflow should help a bit with the top end, like motorway cruising.

Couldnt agree with you more about the cup holders, complete and utter waste of time unless i use 2nd, 4th and 6th only. Would make for an interesting drive, :D .

Rich

my missus insists that the interior, especially around the gear stick and cup holder area was designed by a man... lol!!!

:p yeh ok... stripes should stop on zebras i reckon hahahaha, just thought that if ya buy a car that performs really well, it would take my mind off the drinks holders that dont hold bottles of water or cans .......... i love the designers who use the back of beer mats to do their work.hahah, but thanks for the input...... best wishes
Who ever designed the cup holders in the punto grande wants shooting !

Back