General Gran Finale

Currently reading:
General Gran Finale

Can anyone enlight me about this.

In which markets were the Gran Finale sold?
I know the UK, coz I bought them there.
so the F and G and some H regs are there 1988-1990?

This is mine, G-reg 1989, now living in Sweden :D

Attachments

• 84847-767055.jpg
    84847-767055.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 84847-767066.jpg
    84847-767066.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 84847-767068.jpg
    84847-767068.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 49
The gran finale was a special edition built only for the UK market - basically a conversion that had to be performed by the dealer, which is why a great number had the rear spoiler fitted back-to-front.

The gran finale was a special edition built only for the UK market - basically a conversion that had to be performed by the dealer, which is why a great number had the rear spoiler fitted back-to-front.

aha! I see that explains why I couldn't find any in Germany or Italy ;)

one of my Grandis had a spoiler, the other one didn't.

still have the spoiler.. sold off the car as a sparecar.. should I place it on the car?

Hi Fiat abarth,

If you dont put it on, I'd be happy to buy it from you - I've been after an original one for a while - Its no use sitting in your loft - put it on, or sell it to someone who will put it on!

robbee

Yes the Gran Finale was UK only - basically a way to shift the last cars........
The only changes over the SE were a Gran Finale Plaque on the left side of the dash and behind both rear arches - in the spot where the US side marker would go.
The cars were changed from SE spec by the dealers - The GF was also supposed to have had a rear spoiler however many dealers fitted this the wrong way around.....
The Mica Blue / Mica Red paint were Volvo paint colours that were on the Volvo 780 Coupes that were sprayed at Grugliasco.

Mine is one that had the spoiler fitted the wrong way round. To complicate matters the nearside 'winglet' has an indent to accomodate the aerial which for some reason was mounted too far back. Maybe that's how the previous owner wanted it. Anyway, that means if I just turn the spoiler and the mounting posts the correct way, then the aerial indent is on the wrong side and I also can't pull the aerial up because there is no longer an indent on the nearside. So I can either leave it as is for originalitys sake (!) or spend time and money getting it right. Any thoughts?

Personally I couldn't live with it knowing it was the wrong way round, but that's down to my OCD (LOL) - it sounds like there's a bit of work involved in turning it round though.

It's your car and your decision - whatever suits you !

Hello newbie here
please tell me the correct way to fit a spoiler on an 89 grand finale

Back