Punto (Mk2/2b) Got mine yesterday

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Got mine yesterday

risifab

Hello everyone,

I got my Fiat Punto 1.2 3dr yesterday. I really like the outer look of it but however there are some things that is not so good. Well this is my first car so I am not quite sure if its overall good or bad.

The stereo system is not working so I have to get a new one and I am not sure if the speakers are working. Hopefully when I get a new music player, everything will be fine and the speakers will work (Finger Crossed). Next, I am not able to turn the car properly especially when I am doing a 3 point turn so I would like to know if it is the power steering problem or is it because of my tyres are too big? I know it might sound a bit stupid but I am completely new to this so please help me out guys.

Thanks. :D:D:D

I believe 15's are the standard size for a Punto MK2 you can check this by looking at the sidewall of the tyre, you say you got problems with the steering? Does it feel heavy when turning? Is the red steering wheel icon on the dashboard? If yes to both of those questions or one then it might mean you have failure in the Power Steering motor or ECU, only best way to narrow this down is doing a diagnostics on it. But 9/10 it's mainly down to a failed motor but it can be other things too like a bad battery or alternator, so I'd check the battery first to see if it's got loads of juice to keep everything happy on the electrical side of the car.

Because the Power Steering is a heavy demanding electrical item, and when that motor doesn't get enough juice from the battery it'll have a hissy fit and it'll say bugger this I'll turn off to prevent further damage, so it's basically trial and error with this. But if you could provide more details on it, me and other people on here will be able to assist you better to get the problem solved (hopefully!) :)

Back