Technical Goodyear Gemini Wheels

Currently reading:
Technical Goodyear Gemini Wheels

169man

I have just bought a 2006 Panda I have found a set of Goodyear Gemini alloy wheels they are 13inch x5.5 with a 98mm pcd can I
fit them on the Panda if yes what tyre size should I fit.

not enough information
Offset ? For example

Here’s original fittment sizes

6.5 J x 15 ET30 195 100HP
5.5 J x 14 ET32 185 100HP
5.0 J x 14 ET38 165
5.0 J x 13 ET41 155

Last edited:
Looking at the difference in ET from the 5.0 J x 155 used on ordinary models to the 6.5 J x 195 used on 100HP I believe the 100HP offset is on the low side of the envelope. It's no doubt due to clearance issues but won't help steering stability.

I would go for a larger ET number, If it gives trouble, you can use spacers to adjust the offset. If you go too low on offset, there is nothing you can do if steering instability kicks off.

Looking at the difference in ET from the 5.0 J x 155 used on ordinary models to the 6.5 J x 195 used on 100HP I believe the 100HP offset is on the low side of the envelope. It's no doubt due to clearance issues but won't help steering stability.

I would go for a larger ET number, If it gives trouble, you can use spacers to adjust the offset. If you go too low on offset, there is nothing you can do if steering instability kicks off.
Looks like a constant pattern to me
3 mm per 10mm

ET41 155
Minus 3 ET38 165 plus 10 mm
Minus 6 ET32 185 plus 20 mm
Minus 2 ET30 195 plus 10 mm

Fiat seem to have been very fussy about their ET and tyre width

No idea what this means though

Last edited:
My 100HP alloys have the obligatory buckling so I fitted 6J x 15 ET30 steels with 195-50 tyres. I sometimes get a wobble from the steering at 40 to 45 mph. It's not a big deal. However, it's something I had in the 1980s on a badly designed kit car, caused by too much tyre outside of the contact patch. That car was dangerous until I corrected the offset, reduced the camber and increased trail - all doable on a kit. Do my 100HP steels have too much tread inboard or outboard of the steering contact point? I have no idea as It's not bad enough to worry about.

I really should put some 6mm spacers behind the wheels and see if it gets worse. If in doubt go for a wider ET, because you can use spacers to reduce excessive ET but you can't do anything if you start with too little ET.

ET is a fixed measure from the wheel centreline. 0 ET puts the wheel mounting flange equidistant from each side. ET30 moves it towards the outside. ET -30 moves it to the inside.

You are right. But take a wider wheel and keep the ET the same and it might rub on the inside. To know if something fits (or drives ok) you have to consider the width as well.

gr J
I believe this is why 100HP is at the limit of wheel offset especially as the six speed gearbox adds its own clearance issues. It might also be why it’s never got an Abarth version.

Back