General gearbox linkage

Currently reading:
General gearbox linkage

fiatdiablo

coming home this morning my cinq lost all gears on close inspection seem that the linkage had popped out the side of the gear lever clipped back in for now but is there any thing i can do to fix it propper cause i dont think me cable ties will last long (yes cable ties) cheers simon

Where has it popped out of? Generally the cables attach by popping onto little balls or are secured by a split pin. Cables in turn are usually secured by clips on the bracket which bolts onto the gearbox.

Fittings are different Sei to Cinq and from model to model, so it would help to know what cat you were talking about.

Hi,

on the cinq ,you have the cables that run from the gear selector box,to the gearbox,2 cables,which are secured firstly by H-Clips,then they lock on to ball joints on the 2 linkages on the gearbox,the linkages can wear and if the cable is loose on them then gears wont engage,

i have recently changed a linkage on my 899cc gearbox,and its very easy,u need to loosen the gearbox mounts,so that the gearbox drops enough to let you get in at it with your ratchet or spanner,there will be pleanty of room,then i think its like 3 or 4 10mm bolts that hold the linkage to the box.remove and replace,jobs a good'un

thanks for the reply it is inside the car under the gator goes into bottom of the gear lever

Back