Technical Gear Linkage

Currently reading:
Technical Gear Linkage

itsamugsgame

I'm looking for a new gear linkage cable for my 2010 Panda 1.1eco.
The OE number is 55222343..
There are loads of new ones but the OE numbers are all different. I have seen a used one but would prefer new. Autodoc can't help me.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230405_093734.jpg
    20230405_093734.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
Not quite sure what the question is 55222343 for the individual cable

they are sold as a set with the rubber grommet (which is moulded over them) so the part number is different

I don't have an up to date ePer

my guess is 46343847 but you would be better contacting any supplier before ordering

Not quite sure what the question is 55222343 for the individual cable

they are sold as a set with the rubber grommet (which is moulded over them) so the part number is different

I don't have an up to date ePer

my guess is 46343847 but you would be better contacting any supplier before ordering
55222343 is the OE for both cables as one part. I have confirmed that this is the part number for the cables that I need.

Thanks for that, as the cables are still on the car, I didn't notice that there was a part number on both cables. It seems crazy that there are two part numbers but you can't buy them individually..

Thanks for that, as the cables are still on the car, I didn't notice that there was a part number on both cables. It seems crazy that there are two part numbers but you can't buy them individually..
the rubber grommet where it passes through the chassis is moulded around the two cables. The only way to separate them is to cut them apart. Most sellers sell them as a set

the cables have change time and time again over the years. My 05 had bellows on the gearbox end , my 06 didn't and my 10 does. Some have an adjustment on the gear lever end some on the gearbox end and some have none. There's also suppled by different manufactures. with blue, black or green ends

each with have its own unique part number, there will be at least 6 different numbers for the set

I can't be 100% sure but i guess they are all interchangeable. Both pre and post 2009 appear have used the same 46343847 number

post 2012 are different, the ball and socket are different at the gear lever end, the clips that hold them to the gearbox bracket are also different and the grommet is also different
gear cable.jpg

Last edited:
This is a nightmare. I have found several on Ebay THIS being one. They all say that they fit my car but none of the OE numbers that they give match with mine.
I think that the scrap man cometh....

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Shop4parts have come up with the goods (hopefully). £72 all in.
Cheers.
I have found S4P helpful and reliable on many occasions so I hope this will sort you out. You should have the right part numbers now at the very least.

There are loads of new ones but the OE numbers are all different. I have seen a used one but would prefer new. Autodoc can't help me.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
It looks as though my old Panda is going to get another chance. Part now ordered from Shop4Parts.
I nearly scrapped it, not for the cost of these cables but I've spent so much on it that it is not funny.
In the last 12 months:
New Clutch
Timing belt & Water Pump
New Sump
Tyres
Brakes all round
Rear Springs & Shocks
Rear Axle
Battery
Gear Linkage Cables
Plugs
Leads
Coil Packs
Front Strut
Wheel Trims

All of the above new parts and fitted at a garage.

Doh!

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Back