General Gear Box and speedo issues

Currently reading:
General Gear Box and speedo issues

scudodazza

Hi all,

Had a small fault (occasional) recently that when Im driving and change from 3>4th gear and occasional gear grind like they are just touching, anyways this has now happening when changing from 4 > 5 th gear, I was going to drain the gearbox and refill with fresh lube tomorrow.

But driving today I was doing around 85/90mph giving her a good blow out when the speedo suddenly stopped working, anyone have any ideas, I was wondering if it is due to poss low or old gearbox oil and drive has gone or if im lucky it is just the sensor. Also anyone know where the fill point is,

Regards

Daren

06 2.0jtd 118k and was going strong ....

Right then,

Speedo issue was the gear from the sender into the box where the drive shaft enters the box from the o/s.

The gear oil, did show signs of being in there from new as it was black like tar and really thin, allot thinner than the new lube, the magnetic pickup had a few tiny bit metalic fillings but nothing to concern my self with after she is 7 years old and had 70 k when I bought her 5 years ago.

The grind between gear changes, only happened once on the test drive ( 25 miles) so hopefully after the new lube has got around a bit more it will be fine.

Regards

D

Hi all,

The problem grating between 3rd and 4th is back, anyone offer any solutions regarding this, if im in low revs then no grating ( or slow gear change) but if i try to change quickly etc still the same.

Any one offer possible causes ??

Regards

D :bang:

Back