Technical Fuse problem?

Currently reading:
Technical Fuse problem?

Malcolm REYNOLDS

Hi.
I have a motorhome based on Ducato Maxi 2.8 JTD FROM 2002.
I accidentally shorted the LH reversing line while I was changing bulb!
I do not know which fuse applies but have checked all I can without finding a failure, CFB, CFO, & CVM.
I suspect a failure before the fuses, relay maybe?
Any ideas please.
The line must also include heater fan, passenger door window, windscreen wipers and some other supplies for the habitation area as these also not working.
Thank you.
Malcolm.
Not very auto clued!

Hi Malcolm

I attach a circuit for the reversing lights (Ruckfahrleuchten) for the X230 type base vehicle. Current from the battery BB00 flows through BB10 (unknown function), part of the ignition switch CA00, then Fuse F1, gearbox switch SW2200 and then to the two rear lamp clusters 2630 and 2635.

Please be aware that Fiat chopped and changed their wiring over the years, and in the case of a motorhome the wiring may have been modified by the converter, especially for items to the rear of the cab area.

The fact that multiple items have stopped working strongly suggests that a larger fuse "upstream" (i.e. electrically closer to the battery) has failed. This fuse may be physically located in a different place to the dashboard fuse box, such as under a cover in the bottom of the door pillars or next to the battery.

Attachments

• X230 Reverse Lights.jpg
    X230 Reverse Lights.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 31
Back