funny wire type thing coming out of passenger wheel?

Currently reading:
funny wire type thing coming out of passenger wheel?

J

Jimbo

yes hard to explain..damn camera isnt working
but on the passengers side, there is a wire, plastic coating..with a long wire at the end..

it has a clip, and looks like a resistor/diode type thing.. with the word amp on it?

any ideas..its come loose from somewhere but i have no idea what this is ..but need to place it back somewhere?

help..

Brake pads wear indicator, ABS connector for the ABS sensor.

The abs sensor connector.
abscon.jpg

The brake pad connctro - the female part can be square and round like on the pic, but only has one wire on it.
brakecon.jpg

Other that that nothing comes on my mind - a pic, any pic would help.

sven3.jpg

Members Site

thanks and merry christmas

how did you find this out, couldnt find it anywhere
i thought even the haynes wouldnt have it..

looking at your pics..its the 2nd picture..referred to as the female part
whats this again>

That is the male and the female connector for front brake pad wear indication.

When your pads are worn out and ready for a change, a light will light up on the dash, due to the wire in one of the pads and this connector connects them.

And marry xmass to you to.

sven3.jpg

Members Site

is that a hexagon red type light>
if so nothing yet.. trouble is the wire was hanging loose, so i untangled this but have no idea how to put it back>

Leave it out, it will do no harm, just check the brake pads for wear

defo the 2nd wire image at the top..ill have to somehow put it back up somehow

but there is no brake pad waring light on the console/dash

does this also mean that as the wire has come out, then no light will come on the dash?>

hwo do i put it back in the right place?

Hiy mate,where did u get that page from? thats ace that is...Anyway,just a fort.Well i got the marea clocks in mine with a pic of a car for fualt(all symbols are same tho) However,when i break hard, pic no.9 comes up..Now i thought this was down to warn discs/pads..Is this correct? Just that no.9 says its a fault in the breaking???/

Mike

its all fine,fluid level,rear breaks lights etc,they all work.Ive had the car since june and never came on,started doing it bout 3 month ago thats why im thinking its warn discs/pads?? :s

could be pads. but always worth checking brake and clutch fluid levels first.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4
& now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8

Iwillbeyou56978.jpg

If the wire is disconnected the light will not come on unless the wire is earthing somewhere. best thing is the have a look at the pads,

@ Buzz : Checked it earlier today when i gave her a wash and all is fine...
@ Anon : Cheers for that mate,ill get it checked over for a lose connector and see if anythings earthing somewhere.
My front discs do look like i need new ones,its got an edge on it and the grooves are more or less gone lol..