Styling front grill?

Currently reading:
Styling front grill?

dozerx

i apparently have the weird 1.6 model that was only made for like 6 months in 1992 (k reg) and i was just wondering if anybody knows if a 1994 1.4 front grill will fit on my car. thanx in advance

easy way to tell is if the grill with just two main plastic bits are on its a pre '92 grill or if it has more than two it's a post facelift model. if it looks like mine in the post 'eyebrows' it's a mark 1 (pre '92). i'm fairly certain the grills are interchangable but i have no experience of this so best to wait for a reply from someone else. (ps mk1 looks better:p)

There are 3 types of front grills for Tipo.
MK1
96556347qs2.jpg

MK2
22902139th3.jpg

2.0 16V
64935635dw8.jpg

All of them can fit on every model.

will it matter if i have the headlight wipers, do u know if they will have to come off or not?

I heard the mk2 didnt fit on the mk1?
I saw a cool sportgrille, but i have the old model.
They told me the headlights are different and thats why the grille would not fit?

i'd assume that it mk1 grills would stand out more at the top as mk2 lights are more curved at the top but fixings are likely to be the same. just two clips (don't break them like i did with one of mine (it was a little brittle) just gentley push them down though not all the way.) though surely the bonnets aren't different so maybe its the bottoms of the lights that stick out more? but either way the mk1 lights are flat.

No, front grill is from 2.0 16V, but the car is 1.9TD

No, front grill is from 2.0 16V, but the car is 1.9TD

you got the full sporty kit on that car... surprisingto see that not only the grill but the Lancia Integrale bonnet on it also ... is it a straight swap?

It is not straight swap. But friend built it from Lancia`s bonnet.

just to let you know i have the mk1 grill with the headlight wipers and i have orderd a mk2 grill from ebay that i plan to swap the fiat badge with a black autobot :slayer: one (transformer fan (y) ) and change the standard plastic mesh to a metal bio hazard one. all i need to do now is wait for it to arrive so work can begin.

Back