Styling Forgive me for I have sinned

Currently reading:
Styling Forgive me for I have sinned

On the weekend I was in a Fiat stealership and saw a 500 Lardy and didn't think it was absolutely horrible and utterly reprehensible.

Sorry

Daniel

I too have looked at a friends one and thought - actually that's not as bad in the flesh as it could be. It was really nice inside. And to be fair they had nearly bought a Mini Countryman instead.........

I too have looked at a friends one and thought - actually that's not as bad in the flesh as it could be. It was really nice inside. And to be fair they had nearly bought a Mini Countryman instead.........

Guys sometimes practicality must win. The countryman and the 500 L have MUCH more space than the Cooper and the 500.
There is no way the 500 is big enough for a family of four as a main car, as a second car no problem.

So if you can only afford one main car without a second car, I would be buying either the 500 L or the Countryman.

On the weekend I was in a Fiat stealership and saw a 500 Lardy and didn't think it was absolutely horrible and utterly reprehensible.

Sorry

Daniel

Haha! I guess you will have to be forgiven!:D(y)

Honestly though, if it's possible to put all of the marketing crud to one side, it does make a lot of sense. I've had a good nose at the local dealers a few times and it has really impressed me.

Whether it will sell or not remains to be seen...defo seeing a few more on the roads lately:)

I've seen a few now and sort of got used to them. Certainly no worse looking than the Mini thing, and much cheaper. The interior looks pretty good, and the seat foldings etc make it very useful. My wife actually likes the shape, so when the bigger car comes up for replacement, you never know.

fiat_500l_trekking_in_anteprima_negli_usa_21856.jpg

The only one I would buy, just not in that colour :p

I too used to think they were hideous but I must admit they've now grown on me too. Really impressed with the one we looked at in the local dealer and there are more on the road now. If they did a 4x4 we might be interested but I wish it wasn't called a 500, 600 would've been better.

Got a 500L from the dealer as a loaner while they were sorting some issues out with my 500S. It was a Twin Air engine with a 6 speed gearbox (I believe they all come with the 6 speed).

The design has somewhat grown on me, but I still would never buy one. Also, I found the gearbox to be far inferior to the 5 speed on the 500 TA. It just felt less "tight". The L felt huuuge compared to my little car, and visibility was somewhat poor. Other than that, I can see why it appeals to people. Decent size, not too expensive and with sufficient power in the small Twin air

Back