Fk grande punto coilover issues/noise

Currently reading:
Fk grande punto coilover issues/noise

grandepuntoadam

Hi guys i have a problem which Ive had for too long now, i feel like i don't want to be a fiat owner anymore lol

I have a 1.2 8v Grande, lowered on FK automotive Coilvers, they were fine but one day ( 3 months ago) they started making a noise, a creak,grind,pop and a bobble, (rice crispies) which got worse, so i replaced the top mounts which got rid of the nasty creak and grind noise. however i have a bobble noise which happens when you accelerate when you brake and when you go over small bumps it bobbles. My cars always creaked from the rear which didn't bother me, but the bobbling is driving me nuts

when its warm is worse, when its wetish its not so apparent, now and again the noise isn't there. Its defo from the front, ive had the car re tracked several times and have sprayed wd40 on every joint, it did make it quiter but was still there? id like to be able to atleast cover up the noise if i knew what it was with some grease till i save up some cash to do w.e is wrong. could it be the coilovers?

HAVE ANY IDEAS?

Attachments

• gp2.jpg
    gp2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74
Don't really understand the bobble -- I mean, as a noise. Coil overs don't generally respond well to small surface imperfections or braking -- the forces in Mac struts are such that they're trying to break in half, something which the slightly angled set up on "normal" springs and dampers tends to alleviate. Could be accompanied by noise.

How old are the FKs? Which model? Any sign of misting?

why has it needed to be re tracked several times?
have you had 4 wheel laser alinement done?

because it was never straight the wheel i mean, so i tracked it then i lowered it, then i tracked it, then i slammed the wheels on, and tracked it,. they i done my top mountgs then tracked it. reason i got it tracked straight away is because i do 500 miles a week. so the last thing i wna do is wear my tyre down

ye i have always used 4 wheel allighment

i would estimate they have done no more than 10k ill check tomo thanks for that..... the bobble noise i cant explain. :S

appreciate everyones help :D ill try and record it :S if i can..

Back