Technical Fitting Turbo timer?!?!

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting Turbo timer?!?!

Acc is normally accessory, so it an ignition switched live which will switch off when the starter motor is turning. Ignition live will stay live regardless of whether the starter is being turned or not.

Pete

gazzaman2k said:
im usually goodwith electronics but i have a Greddy Turbo timer basially 3 wires to connect.

red to 12v
green to ignition on
and white to ACC

what is ACC ive always thought it was same as ignition live/on?

any help cheers

gaz

wouldnt be the fuel pump as all its doing is blocking the ignition off for a set period.
try it with nothing connected to the ACC wire,i know some(most?) TT's have a handbrake light wire so it ensures the handbrake is on before oyu get out of the car with the engine on

bit of googling makes me think its for the ign accessory circuit if the car has it?
i would try it on an igntion live 1st
http://www.peterbeers.net/vw_roadtrip/GTI/GTI_Mods/Turbo_Timer_Install/turbo_timer_install.htm

Last edited:
I was thinking about fitting a turbo timer to Blue, but reading Alexander G. Bell changed my mind, big time. My thoughts on top of Bell's:

Let's agree that the worst thing you can do with a turbo (apart, maybe, from running it without air filtration) is to shut it off immediately after it has done some serious work. No oil flow = carbonised oil on the bearing surfaces.

But given that oil pressure in a Cinq with a hot engine is around .7 bar at idle, is letting it idle much better? The only thing that's keeping the bearings from frying is oil flow. Better surely to run the engine at around 2,000 rpm (steady throttle, no blipping) for a minute or so before going on to the idle routine.

In normal running, you're not going to be using massive boost immediately before you pull up, so idle alone should be OK. Problem with timers is that they can prevent you thinking about what you were doing to the engine.

Back