General Firing up after a tune up.

Currently reading:
General Firing up after a tune up.

tfphoenix

mmmmmm.

I was excited so I had to share. If you look for the torque mount in the video you will see I painted it to match the car. Oh and I had to grind off the edges to press in new bushings cause I couldn't find a replacement. I used bushings from a 1940 or so ford and drilled them out to make them fit. I'm happy with how it turned out.

mntd.jpg

EDIT: Here's a better pic of it on the car. I painted the bracket too. (don't worry it's engine paint.)

engmnt.jpg

Now to clean the rest of the engine :p

:)

Last edited:
Hey, that's pretty sweet! Maybe I should do that to mine, I repaired them with Shoe Goo awhile ago but they're getting a little sloppy again and certainly don't look so nice!

Do you have a part number for the bushings you used? What store did you get them from?

I work at Carquest Auto Parts so that's where I got them. If there's not one near you I'm sure someone could interchange it. The CQ part number is MOU 31-2123.

mtmjp.jpg

You have to grind off the edges of the mount with a die grinder and if you cant get the old bushings out burn them out but keep the inner metal bushings. Now is the time to sand blast or scotch brite the mount if you intend to paint it later. I used scotch brite and it turned out great but a sand blaster would be quicker if you have access.

I actually mounted the new bushings to an electric drill and sanded them down until they fit VERY tightly and I could just barely get them started with a screwdriver, then I pressed them in with a vise and a cup from a brake lathe that fit on them perfectly, this one to be exact.

cupj.jpg

After the bushings are in I drilled out the center holes with a 11/16 drill bit and used the vice again to push the metal bushings from the original into the new bushings. (Using cardboard in between the vice and the mount to prevent damage).

Then all you have to do is mask and paint. I put green masking tape all around the bushings and used a razor blade to trim it so the black bushings are all it covered.

I think that covers it :)

-phx

Back