Firefox Beta 4

Currently reading:
Firefox Beta 4

Just thought i'd give it a go despite being in beta phase and to be honest i'm finding it awful, it keeps crashing on me. Whenever i try and search for something using any of the search engines, it often crashes.

Created a new profile but it still does it, regardless of which profile i use.

I know it's still in beta phase but i hope the Release Client phase improves.

I tried IE9 beta and had no problems at all, in comparrison.

Using it on Windows 7 64bit.

Anyone else trying it having problems?

I gave it a go at Beta 10. I gave it a couple of days before I decided I hated the UI changes and it was a poor upgrade given how long it has been in development. I've now switched to Google Chrome, much lighter and faster.

For me Chrome is what Firefox set out to be, a lightweight quick and simple browser. Firefox has become bloated and the development team appear to be running out of ideas.

Used it for a while before noticing its flawed in quite a few ways - most noticed was the crashing ;) I've gone back to v3 now...will wait a bit longer before trying the beta again.

I was quite surprised to see crash reports from 5 months ago, when looking to see if anyone has resolved the issue yet :eek:. Five months on and crash issues have still not been resolved.

@Colin - i do like Chrome quite a lot, it's my main browser on all home computers tbh (y)

Back