Fiat Uno Fire Oil Leak

Currently reading:
Fiat Uno Fire Oil Leak

Radarluv

I purchased a 1992 Fiat Uno Fire 2-door w/hatchback in 2007. I change the oil a few times a year. I've had the engine block cleaned twice thus far. I think I have an oil leak possibly from a bad head gasket, but when I check the dipstick, it always shows the oil level is at the correct level. Agree/Disagree that the oil leak is from a bad head gasket? Should I pay to have the part replaced, or leave it as is do to the age of the car. I want to keep the car is it gets about 40 miles per gallon. Appreciate your feedback.
DSC_0923a.jpg

I don't think it's the cylinder head gasket, it's the cam cover gasket. Clean everything and replace this. Also check the crankcase breather system hoses etc - these could be full of muck and overpressurising the engine. This could force out extra oil - there seems to be a lot coming out.

Appreciate the quick response. As my car did not come with a very detailed owner's manual, I was guessing at the cause of the problem and wasn't sure if this is something I could/should replace myself, or take to a skilled mechanic--especially as I don't have much free time. Thank you again for provided the addtional info on what to take into consideration in resolving the oil leak I have.

The cam cover gaskets aren't difficult to replace. There's a guide in the Punto section - the process will be similar I'd of thought.

Assuming you know how to hold a spanner, it won't take long to do. Being at the top of the engine, there's fairly good access.

Back