Technical Fiat Punto new clutch endless problems

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto new clutch endless problems

chasingmytail

Having had a new clutch put in last week I then sprouted an oil leak - turned out to be the drive shaft seals which were replaced - last night car would not start without a push!!!!!!!!! Started today but what could they have touched electrically that could have caused this!

Very frustrated uni student!!!!!!!!1

my car also had the oil leak from the seal when the clutch was changed. I dont know why they dont just change them first time around they only cost a couple of quid each.

I would check the earthing strap that attatches to the gearbox casting its likely this hasnt been put back on correctly, if the car dosent have any power.

If its just not starting but is fine after you bump start it, take it back and get them to check the starter motor

Being a girly I am at the hands of the garage - am taking it back Monday but they say that nothing electrical was touched!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will mention the earthing strap and try and convince them I know what I am talking about.

Many thanks.

hey

just out of curiosity, i heard somewhere that you're not supposed to bump start puntos as it ruins the cat? Is this true, or just a safety precaution?

Try and take a brother/boyfriend/male friend with you, garage is less likely to bulls**t you with a bloke in tow. Dont let them fob you off if it is only playing up after they worked on it. Loose connection on starter motor, earth (as already stated), loose connection accidently caused during the job.???

Shouldnt really bump start vehicles with cats as unburnt fuel can damage them, same goes for overfilling engine oil.

Definitely worth checking the connection to the starter motor - if that's a bit loose it can cause the problem you have.

Back