Fiat Punto Mk2 Bumper and Light

Currently reading:
Fiat Punto Mk2 Bumper and Light

unitedlegend29

Just crashed and ruined my punto :(

The front bumper is cracked on the passenger side and the light has smashed, so needs replacing.

Its a Punto Active Sport Mk 2 53 Reg.

Luckily thats all the damage, but i was wondering if anyone can help to give me some information on how much a new front bumper would cost, how much resprays would be, and how much a light is. It is just the glass part/plastic part/the casing part (dont know what to call it) that has smashed, the light still works.

Thanks for your help!

Hey.. hope you're alright from the crash.

To save cost, I wouldn't order parts from Fiat directly. Try a local scrappy for light cover & bumper. If you get a new bumper, don't get one that is the sort of rubber black finish with the intention to spray it to match your car - the finish isn't great, and the paint can flake.

New lights -as far as I'm aware (please correct me if I'm wrong!) directly from Fiat are sold as a full unit, not just the casing - and they do kick about the £100 mark - there will be an Mk2 Punto that someone is breaking or in scrappies somewhere to get that cover cheap.

Sorry im not much help :)

Hey.. hope you're alright from the crash.

To save cost, I wouldn't order parts from Fiat directly. Try a local scrappy for light cover & bumper. If you get a new bumper, don't get one that is the sort of rubber black finish with the intention to spray it to match your car - the finish isn't great, and the paint can flake.

New lights -as far as I'm aware (please correct me if I'm wrong!) directly from Fiat are sold as a full unit, not just the casing - and they do kick about the £100 mark - there will be an Mk2 Punto that someone is breaking or in scrappies somewhere to get that cover cheap.

Sorry im not much help :)
thanks for your help! il be ringing fiat in the morning just to get a quote on parts first! hopefully il find some from a scrapyard though!

Did you manage to get a bumper for your motor mate?

I have just brought an active sport, checked the car history and it was involved in a minor accident and the bumper was replaced with a standard punto one.

I don't seem to be able to find a mk2b active sport bumper anywhere!?

Wish you would have posted that up in the auction watch, I'd have had that. Spraying would just cost the price of paint as dad's mate owns a garage with spray booth.......saying that yellow was what I was after anyway.

Are there no aftermarket companies that make decent replicas? The only other option is to fit a splitter to my current standard one and fit some foglights to the existing black inserts, still doesn't look as good though.

Back