Technical Fiat Marea thermostat problems?

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Marea thermostat problems?

Scott40

Hi,

I have a 1.6 Weekend on an R plate, I have had it 6 years and it has been very reliable even thugh it has over 130K on the clock now. For as long as I can remember the temperature guage needle hardly gets off the bottom except when stuck in traffic or on warm days. I never used to worry about it but now I do 100 miles a day I need to act as with the current weather the needle does not even reach the bottom of the gauge and it is cold in the car.

I am assuming this may be a thermostat stuck open? If so, how easy is this to change and what would I expect to pay for a new one.

Thanks for your help.
Scott

I changed mine and it was a fiddle and took time, but possible. I got it from a factor for about £10 but that was years ago. and yes, your one sounds stuck open,

Hi,

I have a 1.6 Weekend on an R plate, I have had it 6 years and it has been very reliable even thugh it has over 130K on the clock now. For as long as I can remember the temperature guage needle hardly gets off the bottom except when stuck in traffic or on warm days. I never used to worry about it but now I do 100 miles a day I need to act as with the current weather the needle does not even reach the bottom of the gauge and it is cold in the car.

I am assuming this may be a thermostat stuck open? If so, how easy is this to change and what would I expect to pay for a new one.

Thanks for your help.
Scott

I notice with mine that if I dont have it up to the max with water it has temperamental heating

Back