General Fiat fiorino comformatic gearbox

Currently reading:
General Fiat fiorino comformatic gearbox

Hi all
Have read the manual with regards to changing the oil to the hydraulic system for the gear change it say change every 2 years or 60000km, anybody done there yet, phoned my local fiat dealer in Northampton they have said they do not work on fiat commercial vans, shocked at this comment(n).
I then phoned fiats at Rushden they have not got back to me, any thought on where I can take it.
Regards
Robert

Are you sure that is the correct hydraulic system?

Reason I ask is I have a Qubo with the durologic gearbox and that has no routine scheduled change of selector oil in the book?

There is a requirement to change the brake fluid every 60k or 2 years but not the fluid in the selector system for the gearbox?

My Qubo has now done 72k MILES without any change to the gearbox selector oil.

My Qubo has done about 45k and never had that fluid changed. No where in my books is it even listed for inspection, never mind change...............brake fluid yes, Gearbox operating fluid no.
Cheers Qube O.

Hi all
Have found this manual on the internet for fiorino comfomatic, which states on page 14 about services schedule for gearbox will try and upload on to here.
Is it possible to upload PDF files can't seem to do it, any pointers.
Have upload pdf file to download section waiting for moderator to approve.
Here is link to manualhttps://www.fiat-lancia.org.rs/Manuals/other/Nuovo%20Fiorino_-_Qubo/100017813.pdf Page 14 with regards to service schedule.

Last edited:
If we are talking about the brake fluid then yes ever 2 years regardless of mileage due to its hydroscopic characteristics , if we are talking about the actual oil in the gearbox then just as you see fit remember it’s just a manual box with electronic shifter and clutch control

Yep, maisy the ugly bugs right, in that the manual that has been referred to has a fluid check for both gearbox level and the fluid level for the auto selector as well.

Guess it must just be listed in the newer owners handbooks, its certainly not in mine ,maisy the ugly bugs is a 62 plate if memory serves, where as mines a oldie 2009.............perhaps they use a cheaper fluid now which may need changing, just a thought..........then again, mines the 6 speed box, and they only supply 5 speeds now.
Cheers Qube O.

I will fire my laptop up tomorrow and have a look in my Haynes pro and see what that says

Back