Technical Fiat Ducato 2.2 puma eninge

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2.2 puma eninge

smudg

Would this point to a new fuel pump van wont start, had 4 recon injectors fitted now this, any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• ducato.jpg
    ducato.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 161
The ecu is being told that the fuel pressure in the fuel rail is too high.

The rail pressure sensor sends a signal to the ecu.

The ecu attempts to control the rail pressure via pressure regulating valve /metering valve (these things named differently by different manufacturers)

From memory the 2.2 ford engine also may have secondary pressure relief valve that may need to be replaced if triggered.

Have a look in transit forum .

Please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
Jack

If with engine off fuel pressure reads high that indicates possible faulty pressure sensor or it's wiring. Pressure sensors are said to be fit once ie if you remove one you are meant to replace with a new unused one.

To answer your question - no it does not point to needing a new fuel pump.

Which year is your van?

To answer your question - no it does not point to needing a new fuel pump.

Which year is your van?
What i wil do 1st is replace the fuel rail sensor theres one on each end and the one on the pump and report back

What i wil do 1st is replace the fuel rail sensor theres one on each end and the one on the pump and report back
Fuel pressure sensor, and overpressure valve on the rail. Fuel temperature sensor on the pump.

So far i have replaced over preasure valve, and sensor, cam sensor, crank sensor, 4 new injectors, brand new denso pump, filter, tank pump is priming system, still not starting,all so had the ecu remapped, feels like im chasing it now lol, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• van codes.jpg
    van codes.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
Back