Technical Fiat 1500 won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 1500 won't start

Marco Pereira

In my Fiat 1500 from 1966, when after a few kilometers the engine stops, if I immediately try to start the engine again, it does not start, giving the sensation that it is drowning. If you wait a while, more or less 1 hour, then it starts again. Can any friend on the forum help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much

Solution
Have you checked if the plugs are 'wet' by removing them? If wet, it suggests ignition side. If its dry, then fuel starvation. Have you tried undoing the fuel cap when it stops and listening as you open it for in rush of air?
Do you have a replacement coil you could try? Coils failing or weak can give similar symptoms.
In my Fiat 1500 from 1966, when after a few kilometers the engine stops, if I immediately try to start the engine again, it does not start, giving the sensation that it is drowning. If you wait a while, more or less 1 hour, then it starts again. Can any friend on the forum help me solve this problem?
Thank you very much

Do you have a clear fuel filter.?
Fuel is definitely there...?

Other option is high electrical resistance stopping Sparks until it cools

Have you checked if the plugs are 'wet' by removing them? If wet, it suggests ignition side. If its dry, then fuel starvation. Have you tried undoing the fuel cap when it stops and listening as you open it for in rush of air?
Do you have a replacement coil you could try? Coils failing or weak can give similar symptoms.

Solution
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I'll check.
Best regards

Back