General Fiat 133 Abarth you tube walk round

Currently reading:
General Fiat 133 Abarth you tube walk round

the engine and and 850 abarth running gear ?
they never made one obviously ! this is my interpretation if they did using 850 abarth parts in a more modern body shape ! there are only 3 no 133 in the UK so you could say its unique ! however there are some highly tuned specials in NORWAY !

I remember the 133 - I've had something like 30 Fiats in nearly fifty years (plus umpteen Alfas) - but always preferred the 850 on which the 133 was based, and I assume the 850 was significantly lighter. You could try dropping a 124 engine in the back à la Abarth coupè.

I was thinking of a twincam but would have to marry it to a vw box due to the engine rotation !

I was thinking of a twincam but would have to marry it to a vw box due to the engine rotation !

Yes - when Radbourne was building Fiat Abarth 850 coupès years ago they developed gear drive for the 124's camshaft that allowed the crank to spin the opposite way. I always wondered if the crownwheel and pinion in the 850 box could be switched around to allow the use of a "clockwise" engine.

Have transplanted a SIMCA Rallye 2 1294cc engine in my 133. The fact that the SIMCA 1000's heritage goes back to the small FIATS meant that some parts of the conversion were easy, like the FIAT driveshafts fitting directly into the SIMCA gearbox without any modification.
Regarding the anti clockwise engine rotation (which the SIMCA 1000 shares)...I've successfully transplanted a Honda CRX 1590cc twin cam (also anti clockwise rotating) into my trackday SIMCA 1000 using an adaptor made from the Civic/CRX bellhousing mated to the SIMCA box..
will post a photo of the 133 in action when I work out how to on here.

Have posted photos of my 133 in action at Santa Pod and Mallory Park on Members' Gallery.
Mick

Saw this at Auto Italia this year. Quite different which is always good in my books!
What are the specs on the engine?

Back