General Farewell dear b

Currently reading:
General Farewell dear b

Hugh Snape

I've pretty much decided I'm going to use my Barchetta in the government scrappage scheme. It does seem a crime I know, but it also makes financial sense.

However, just in case any one is interested, the car is also available for sale for figures in classifieds

The Barchetta has been reliable and I have commuted in it for several years.

I am genuinely sorry to consider disposing of a nice car this way, and would be delighted if somebody here was interested in it.

Best wishes

Hugh

Last edited by a moderator:
The Barchetta has been reliable and I have commuted in it for several years.

I am genuinely sorry to consider disposing of a nice car this way, and would be delighted if somebody here was interested in it.

Best wishes

Hugh[/quote]

It's no reflection on you Hugh, but that scrappage scheme makes me sick.

This is the reason;

My friend owns a 7 seat people carrier made by Seat, it does ~50mpg.
The govenment are willing to pay money for this car to be scrapped because of its age.
The car performs faultlessly and returns a very respectable MPG.
If this scheme is for the benefit of our environment then it would be greener to keep the car instead of create a new one using plastics, metal and other precious resources. If this car lasted until he could no longer drive, it would produce less CO2 than making a new car would.

Sorry about the rant, but again it's no reflection on you.

Adam.

P.s. What are you getting instead?

Perhaps surprisingly a Suzuki Swift DDiS.

Redundancy followed by a new job at half my previous salary (don't get me wrong I'm delighted to be employed again)mean I really need to look at finances hard. The Suzuki is economical but also reasonably quirky and I'm looking forward to driving it.

Best wishes

Hugh

I agree. Sell the car on so she has life again. Try E-Bay. Spend a day waxing her and you will be supprised at how she could look. If you lived near Swindon I'd do it for you (Car I mean)

Then if you go with 2K diposit I bet you could get a better deal han you are currently.

Any how good luck with what ever you do....

Perhaps surprisingly a Suzuki Swift DDiS.

Redundancy followed by a new job at half my previous salary (don't get me wrong I'm delighted to be employed again)mean I really need to look at finances hard. The Suzuki is economical but also reasonably quirky and I'm looking forward to driving it.

Best wishes

Hugh

The Swifts are rated highly, hope you enjoy it.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy, but at least there is a silver lining.

(y)

Questions questions............

Mine is on ebay at the moment. Will let you know how it goes. No bids yet but 26 watchers and 5 questions today, 2 about viewing.

Only under a week to go before scrappage and I've not managed to raise any interest in the Barchetta.

I continue to feel very regretful about the car's fate, but the Fiat voice will live on as I have this morning removed the horns from the Barchetta and will fit them to the Swift when I take delivery next week.

Hugh

Any bits worth swapping, leather seats, mohair top, leather steering wheel, alloys? Bits for B's are only getting rarer & if it's gonna be crushed.....

Back