1100 Fait Uno Stalling, Cutting Out & High Idling

Currently reading:
1100 Fait Uno Stalling, Cutting Out & High Idling

tumi1986

Good Day

My car it's Uno fire 1.1 it has been fine until last week when it started to die on me in the road or when I pull down especially at stop signs. I recently serviced the car and the carb which came back perfectly fine as it was consuming too much gas but after the service it came out just fine until last week, I took it back to the mech to check it out he re assembled the carb and fitted it again to no luck we searched and searched for the problem to no success until I suggested we check the ECU which is the module here in SA, the old one was corroded and had what looked like water stuck at the back where it seats on the distributor I got one from Autozone today we fitted Ducellier brand as specified on the distributor for R550 it's a 2 pin brand not the common 5 pin, the problem is after fitting the module there's no cut offs but the car's idling is so high which leads to excessive fuel usage we tried setting the idling on the carb on the screw but no luck he turned and tried to adjust the air screws as well, am now even not driving the car because if the high idling it runs like a tractor and moves very fast with no foot on the throttle, we even changed the spark plugs and the ignition coil as well. Please help the problem is now the high idling the cut off has stopped after replacing the ECU/Module he even tested the timing with the visual timing analyzer and told showed it was siting on 10 rpm I think (am not quite an expert when it comes to this things) but he said it should be there. Please advice what should we look for and it's idling as if it's jumpy or losing air the idling is not constant. Any advices please

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1565466789995.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1565466789995.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
It could simply be the low speed air jet is incorrect. That will affect idle speed by making it weak at nearly closed throttle position.

It could also be air getting into the engine between carburettor and engine. That could be wear, distorted gasket flange, cracked gasket, loose vacuum hose, etc. The tramp air makes the engine rev on tickover but has no power when you try to pull away.

The Uno carbs used to be dirt cheap. A new one may well sort it.

The power is still there, even the vacuum air is still working fine as I tested it yesterday by removing the hose on the distributor while the car is idling and I heard that it's still sucking air, I think the carb is also worn out as it's been there since I got the car like 5 years ago, I'll try another carburetor maybe tomorrow am still searching for a second hand one, might be getting it today after work. And now the other problem is when turning the headlights and the heater on they don't show and the heater does not work until I fiddle the fuse box a bit and everything will work just fine until I stop and turn off the car then it's the same process again is my fuse box dying?

Back