General Exhaust manifold anyone?

Currently reading:
General Exhaust manifold anyone?

GGX19

Hello there, not sure if I'm in the right place on the site, but here goes... Need an exhaust manifold (outlet) for my '87 pride and joy. Have been living with leakages down there for years now, but the time's come to try to sort it properly, without the need for exhaust gum, tape and the like. Would anybody have one in good condition, and be prepared to part with it, without charging the comedy money I saw one on ebay for recently? Many thanks if so. Glenn - Sheffield / Hull.

I was in your position last year. new manifolds are about £175, used are usually around £50 - but the chances are that a 2nd hand one will need new studs, which should be straightforward.

The US model manifolds are cheap, but have a different single down pipe...

I think the Tempra/Tipo maniflds are the same but there are not many of these about...

one will turn up...

Thanks for advice. Looks like will have to sit this out, and carry on getting the gum and tape out for now. Glenn.

I guess one could make up a custom downpipe and use a universal silencer? Buy the other half of the American type connector from somewhere...

Optima Stainless Steel made a really rather nice set of base plates for my FrankenFiat Panda engine so I could make in inlet manifold for a pair of TDM850 carb's.

The trouble with the X1/9 is the width of the inlet manifold. You'd need base plates the same width or make an inlet as well.

I think the gap is about 8mm.

Some ninety degree bends, a couple of "Y" pieces and flexipipe to a nice back box or I was planning to use...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-500-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3e5bef82

...a 500 Abarth one. ;)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks muchly cha 40, if this is still available and in good nick. How do I take it from here? Glenn.

Back