Epoxy glue

Currently reading:
Epoxy glue

Totally off the subject of fiats, I have question one of my little engines at works magnets has failed on its flywheel so it won't start never known this happen before but that's by the by, anyhow I have a magnet of an older engine but I need a decent heatproof epoxy resin to help secure it has two screws holding it but the original is secured with an epoxy resin as well any suggestions chap I can see gorilla epoxy resin with standing any heat thanks in advance I don't really want to buy a new flywheel as its £400 & the machine isn't worth that

J b weld extreme heat 530c continous I will give it a go thanks very muchly I had to get it bloody hot to unstick off the flywheel just don't want it flying off when it's running in all my year of motorbikes car and garden machinery never had a magnet fail it's bizarre

J b weld extreme heat 530c continous

It gave up its magnetism?

How very strange......alien activity?

It gave up its magnetism?

How very strange......alien activity?
I know strange but that's what's happened I have read about this happening on old motorbikes before but never experienced it personally I have two of these engines on machines and I used a process of elimination exchanging coils and flywheels between them, it still has magnetism but not enough to trigger the coil when it passes it, weird but true I know

I find jb weld a bit soft compared to araldite. Not sure te max temp for araldite.

I know strange but that's what's happened I have read about this happening on old motorbikes before but never experienced it personally I have two of these engines on machines and I used a process of elimination exchanging coils and flywheels between them, it still has magnetism but not enough to trigger the coil when it passes it, weird but true I know
Curie point of magnets (the temperature at which a magnet loses its magnetism) may have been reached by a slipping clutch causing the magnet to lose its power. It depends what it is made out of, as to what temperature that was

Magnets don’t like heat

Curie point of magnets (the temperature at which a magnet loses its magnetism) may have been reached by a slipping clutch causing the magnet to lose its power. It depends what it is made out of, as to what temperature that was

Magnets don’t like heat
It shouldn't get mega hot the fan for the air cooling is incorporated in flywheel the only thing on the flywheel is the pull start and the charging magneto inside the flywheel and that has no signs of overheating there is no clutch on it as it drives via a belt system incorporating an idler wheel to engage the drive to a rudimentary gearbox on the opposite end of the crankshaft

It shouldn't get mega hot the fan for the air cooling is incorporated in flywheel the only thing on the flywheel is the pull start and the charging magneto inside the flywheel and that has no signs of overheating there is no clutch on it as it drives via a belt system incorporating an idler wheel to engage the drive to a rudimentary gearbox on the opposite end of the crankshaft
how hot would it have gotten once it fell off and landed near anything that was very hot, it is not an on off switch, the closer you get to the curie point the more the magnetism drops off so it doesn't have to reach super high temperatures to start to lose it.

As this is in Techtalk and not off topic, I had assumed we were talking about some sort of car or bike engine. you'd not actually mentioned what it was for.

I was guessing something like the old flywheel magnetos on small bike engines, not sure 4 stroke had them, but 2 stroke definitely did.

Anyway cheers everybody, I sorted the problem today glued a magnet off an old scrap engine I had lying around, retapped the threads a put 2 counter sunk m4 screws to secure it started second pull running sweet now back out on site power brushing moss of of pathways

Back